• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Thoughts on fanmon?

MeepersCreepers

Leon/Meep
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 6, 2021
I have a ton of fanmon I've been designing since middle school, and I wanted to showcase a few of them here!

First is Woebegong, a Water/Ghost type based on a type of shark called a wobbegong, mixed with the word "woebegone".

Spoiler:

Next is Tabasilisk, a Grass/Fire type, based on a hot pepper and an iguana. It's the third stage in its evolution line.

Spoiler:

Next is Sugin (Fairy) and Glucosaurus (Fairy/Electric), both based on different kinds of candy like candy canes and lollipops, and getting a "sugar rush".

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And finally is a pokemon thats very important to the story of my fan region, Desplosion, a Psychic/Ghost type. As for inspiration, I can't really give any, the design just kind of formed itself as I was drawing it, I needed a scary, fast, unpredictable looking Psychic/Ghost type so I just let my brain do the work. The purple aura around it was just for flare on the art.

Spoiler:

Also, as a bonus, here's one of the gym leaders! The seventh gym is run by the Ice type leader, Aspen. (They/Them)

Spoiler:

Please let me know what you think!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
Years
Hi!

Great mons, my definite favorite is Sugin, it looks adorably derpy and freaky!

Aspen also looks really cool! Are you gonna share more characters as well?

MeepersCreepers

Leon/Meep
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 6, 2021
I would, but I don't have full body art of them, just pen sketches or pictures where I designed them on a character creator. I do have two full body arts of the main villain and one of the elite four members, but I commissioned them from someone and I'm not sure whether it's ok to post in this section(with credit obvs).

But! I do have one more full body art of one of the gym leaders! It's slightly old and is a victim of "I sometimes draw heads too big and bodies too small so he looks like he's 12", but it's of Simon, the Ghost type leader! (He/Him)

Which I can't post for some reason...it keeps saying I'm trying to post a link when I try to insert the image URL.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ooooo I like these a lot! Desplosion looks really, really cool. It gives me like.. quadruped Zoroark meets possessed Lycanroc!night and I love that, haha. The electric/fairy fakemon is such a great concept too! I don't think I've ever seen an interpretation of a Fairy type quite like that and it's super fitting to what old school Celtic fae are rumored to be like. The pixel art is quite strong too.

My only critique is to maybe add more contrast to the first fakemon. The forefront of the body seems to blend in with the tentacles (?) behind it and it's hard to distinguish what's in front and what's behind. Maybe try lightening the purple you used just a smidge so the depth of the creature stands out a little more. Conceptually it's great though, it reminds me of the blue-ringed octopus which is one of my favorite sea creatures. ( ˘ ³˘)♡

MeepersCreepers

Leon/Meep
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 6, 2021
Ooooo I like these a lot! Desplosion looks really, really cool. It gives me like.. quadruped Zoroark meets possessed Lycanroc!night and I love that, haha. The electric/fairy fakemon is such a great concept too! I don't think I've ever seen an interpretation of a Fairy type quite like that and it's super fitting to what old school Celtic fae are rumored to be like. The pixel art is quite strong too.

My only critique is to maybe add more contrast to the first fakemon. The forefront of the body seems to blend in with the tentacles (?) behind it and it's hard to distinguish what's in front and what's behind. Maybe try lightening the purple you used just a smidge so the depth of the creature stands out a little more. Conceptually it's great though, it reminds me of the blue-ringed octopus which is one of my favorite sea creatures. ( ˘ ³˘)♡

Thank you so much! Zoroark was a big inspiration for how I wanted Desplosion to look, and might have been what inspired the fur along the back tbh. Glucosaurus was honestly made because, years ago, I didn't think the Swirlix line was a proper "candy" pokemon, the resemblance to Celtic fae was unintentional, but I love that it ended up that way!

And I'll keep that in mind! I need to redo the Woebegong sprite anyway since the file got messed up for some reason and got artifacting around the pixels, and I don't have the original file anymore. Also the rings were absolutely intentional, I'm glad someone noticed!

MeepersCreepers

Leon/Meep
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 6, 2021
Fan region starters

Made a few tweaks to them but I now have the official designs of my fan region starters! All three are revived from fossils at the start of the game, which is why they're all dinosaurs.

The Fire type starter, Amorn (from "amargasaurus" and "thorn")

Spoiler:

The Water type starter, Aquas (from "aqua" and "parasaurolophus")(name was hard to figure out for this lil guy)

Spoiler:

And the Grass type starter, Sproutops (from "sprout" and "triceratops")

Spoiler:

Which one would you pick, and what secondary type do you think they would gain when they evolve?

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
Hello there! You have got a cute style there and I do love how expressive your Pokemon and trainers are!
Just letting you know I have merged your threads together since you are only allowed one Showcase thread at a time but feel free to use this thread to update your newest creations~ I've also went ahead and tagged your thread for you. :]

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
OMG dinosaur inspired starters I LOVE them!!! Are you planning on spriting those guys too? Do you have evolutions in mind? :D

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
Years
Oooooh these are nice starters! I'm between Sproutops and Amorn, so Imma wait for their evolutions before I can cast my decisive vote.

If I were to guess...Amorn goes either steel or poison, maaaaybe electric. Aquas gets...fairy? And Sproutops gets either steel or ground.

Or they all become rock types cuz they're dinos :P

MeepersCreepers

Leon/Meep
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 6, 2021
OMG dinosaur inspired starters I LOVE them!!! Are you planning on spriting those guys too? Do you have evolutions in mind? :D

I do! And I only have sprites of the full Aquas line, but I absolutely plan on spriting them all. Here's some updated art of the second evos that I just finished a little while ago!

First up is Amargma, a Fire/Poison type.

Spoiler:

Next is Pareeph, a Water/Fairy type(but it's secondary typing changes again when it evolves).

Spoiler:

And last but not least, Trivine, a Grass/Rock type.

Spoiler:

MeepersCreepers

Leon/Meep
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 6, 2021
And now that I've finished the updated art, the final forms of the starters!

First up is Amarsenik, a Fire/Poison type still.

Spoiler:

Next up is Pariverus, who is now a Water/Psychic type.

Spoiler:

And finally, Ceratomp, still a Grass/Rock type.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Oh wow, these are actually really inspired! I think the evolutionary lines from first to last stage make perfect sense and are planned out very well. The tree-horn and flower head crest on Ceratomp is honestly one of the coolest features I've seen on a fakemon like this. And Pariverus looks so noble and majestic! Shame to see it lose the fairy typing though, haha. Lastly Amarsenik looks just plain badass. I'm so, so happy you kept it a quadruped!

Yeah, these designs are awesome. Do you plan on doing more?

Back