• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Tile-related animations not found in AnimEditor

DARKSHADE

Waiting.. In the Shadows..
Years
  • Hey PC, it's been awhile.

I was wondering if anyone may be able to help me;
    I'm currently trying to find the location of the tile animations used in the Elite Four rooms in the FR ROM.

seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yysHX5Q6NqA&feature=youtu.be&t=5s

and here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lvKnrr7lRk&feature=youtu.be&t=1s

And also the animation that plays when Pokemon are healed by Nurse Joy.

As stated in the title, I was unable to locate these in AnimEditor.

Could somebody point me in the right direction, or name a program in which these are able to be located?

Thanks.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • The Elite Four animations aren't actually tile animations, but the result of a constantly changing palette. If you enter one of the rooms, open VBA's palette viewer, select 'automatic update' and then let the game play again you should notice that six of palette 7's colours will rotate from grey to blue then back again. I think GameFreak did it this way as it may have been more space efficient to run a constant palette changing routine than insert separate tile animations throughout the E4. I'm not sure how to stop the colours from cycling as I haven't studied it much, but hopefully somebody can help with that if you want palette 7 to act as a regular palette.

As for Nurse Joy, the Pokeballs and the screen behind her are activated by the command 'doanimation 0x19' . The Pokeballs on the machine use a changing palette but the screen does seem to be a legitimate animation of some kind. I'm not sure where you can find it in the ROM but it will definitely be visible somewhere. I would say your best bet to finding the animation would either be unLZ or Tile Molester but I can't recall seeing them while browsing through those tools recently.

Back