• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Tile Style

7rial 0F Doom

DelicateTorture of the SoOoUuL
Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2007
    tile style for what??? can you discribe it

:t354:TG

He means Tilestyle like you move by squares(1 press of a movement button moves you to the next tile)

I don't have a problem with it. It will be Tilestyle when ShinyGold and ShinySilver comes out(remake of Gold and Silver(like FireRed and LeafGreen))

purplefairy456

*~Fairy~*
    Years
  • I'm just curious, in what ways are the tiles different?

I've played the older versions of the game, and I didn't really notice anything, but maybe I'm just unobservant?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    I like the way they did Diamond and Pearl. It was a clever use of a 3D rendered environment.

Darkblade

The Ultimate Espeon Fanatic
    Years
  • He means Tilestyle like you move by squares(1 press of a movement button moves you to the next tile)

I don't have a problem with it. It will be Tilestyle when ShinyGold and ShinySilver comes out(remake of Gold and Silver(like FireRed and LeafGreen))

Theres gonna be a remake?

purplefairy456

*~Fairy~*
    Years
  • The idea that we'll even see remakes remains mere speculation to this day.

No, I think he's directly referring to the 3D view. Just for your information, it's changed numerous times already. All Diamond and Pearl do is append a 3D view to it.

(FireRed and LeafGreen put a view emphasis on the top view of things, while Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald have a more front-oriented view.)
    [/font]

Oh I see, that makes more sense to me now lol.

I actually like the way they did it in d/p, I think it's quite nice.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2008
    I think the way the view has changed reflects the move from GBA to DS. It looks more "real". Although graffics have never been a high selling point for the pokemon series I think refusing to move with the times would be a big mistake. If they just stuck with the original formula all the time we could still be playing pokemon in black and white! :shocked:

Back