• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] tile troubles

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2016
    so i successfully added pokecenter tiles on pallate 7 https://i.imgur.com/E4vLCdU.png, on pallate 8 did the same thing as before however i wanted to put in a pokemart tile set but it started to overlap with the pokecenter, so i pasted over the pokecenter https://i.imgur.com/Z8sKL4c.png, it didn't seem to change anything at first so i saved and made a .bak, reloaded and realize that the pokecenter was know a different color.
    https://imgur.com/dFyfRxD

1. how do i fix it
    2. what tool do i need to make more room on my tilesets bigger cause i can barely fit 2 houses

im having a bad time.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    384??? let me check oh I. forgot after opening a-map I realized I was wrong.its 384.

It's 512 for RSE, 384 for FRLG due to the size of the main Tileset's Tilemap changing between the games, and so affects the size of the Tilemap for the secondary tileset.

Also about the colours, I'm assuming you changed Pallette colour and reinserted the tiles? If so, that resulted in the change of colours that you see as it isn't using the same colours in the memory. Also, I advise not inserting things that you want to be place everywhere in the Secondary Tileset like that as it won't be available in later maps as that Tileset will change and so will affect the PC tiles in the map.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2016
    It's 512 for RSE, 384 for FRLG due to the size of the main Tileset's Tilemap changing between the games, and so affects the size of the Tilemap for the secondary tileset.

Also about the colours, I'm assuming you changed Pallette colour and reinserted the tiles? If so, that resulted in the change of colours that you see as it isn't using the same colours in the memory. Also, I advise not inserting things that you want to be place everywhere in the Secondary Tileset like that as it won't be available in later maps as that Tileset will change and so will affect the PC tiles in the map.

so pretty much save my pokecneter/market sprites and grass sprites in primary tileset? which is tile set 1 correct, not tile set 2. man this kind of confusing

edit: it just hit me like a rock, i think i know what you mean. what your saying is palates 1-6 (the primary tilesets) won't change regardless of what map its on while palates 7-12 will reset when i make a new map. So if its something like terrain or a building i want to reuse then place it in palates 1-6 and if its a 1 thing that i will use once then stick it into 7-12.

also if i do that then i have to save to tile set 1 and load tile set 1, instead of save to tile set 2 and load tile set 2?

or am i way off

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    so pretty much save my pokecneter/market sprites and grass sprites in primary tileset? which is tile set 1 correct, not tile set 2. man this kind of confusing

edit: it just hit me like a rock, i think i know what you mean. what your saying is palates 1-6 (the primary tilesets) won't change regardless of what map its on while palates 7-12 will reset when i make a new map. So if its something like terrain or a building i want to reuse then place it in palates 1-6 and if its a 1 thing that i will use once then stick it into 7-12.

also if i do that then i have to save to tile set 1 and load tile set 1, instead of save to tile set 2 and load tile set 2?

or am i way off

First thing: Yes. In that menu, Tileset 1 is the "general" tileset for things that are everywhere (such as PCs) and Tileset 2 is the more specific tileset for specific maps (think Oak's Lab).

The Edit: Pallettes 0-6 (I think) are the pallettes for Tileset 1, the rest Tileset 2 as described above. You CAN use Pallettes 0-6 for both Tilesets 1 and 2, but Pallettes from 7 onwards, save for Tileset 2 tiles.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2016
    hey I have sent you a helping PM

i got them, but asking more then 1 person is a better way of getting information, for instance i didn't realize that tileset 2 would reset upon making a new map, but you showed me how to split buildings in half so i can fit them into the pallate, the more people who share the better i understand.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    i got them, but asking more then 1 person is a better way of getting information, for instance i didn't realize that tileset 2 would reset upon making a new map, but you showed me how to split buildings in half so i can fit them into the pallate, the more people who share the better i understand.

Tileset 2 doesn't necessarily reset, but it is more "map specific" and isn't a general tileset. If 2 maps share the same Tileset 2, then you can use the same tiles between them (like how in Ruby adjacent Routes share the same tilesets as the towns near them, or caves sharing the same tilesets in FR and Ruby)

Back