• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Tiles Not Appearing Despite Being on Tilesheet

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2023
    So I usually make new tilesets when doing maps but I wanted to add more tiles to the pokeschool tileset. Tilesets can have 512 metatiles and a tileset of 256 though not all tilessheets use the 128 x 256 sheet.

In the attachment below I will show my tilesheet for pal 12 of the pokeschool.

Tiles Not Appearing Despite Being on Tilesheet

Also I am aware this is probably a horrible use of space on a sheet but I am still learning. Anyway the issue is even if its hard to tell but the old tilesheet was 128x144 that I expanded to 256 but anything below the pixel 144 does not show up. Its not that big of a deal since I can make my own personalized tileset which seems to work better as I've added three of them at this point but it stumps me as to why the game is doing this and why none of the metatiles below 144 the old size do not work when I expanded it and its still 16 colors in bit depth.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2024
    I had the same problem. I solved it modifying the file "graphics_file_rules.mk", in this file you can see all tilesets and their tiles number, for example Sootopolis map have 328 tiles, if you change them in Porymap to 512 you must change this:

$(TILESETGFXDIR)/secondary/sootopolis/tiles.4bpp: %.4bpp: %.png
    $(GFX) $< $@ -num_tiles 328

To:

$(TILESETGFXDIR)/secondary/sootopolis/tiles.4bpp: %.4bpp: %.png
    $(GFX) $< $@ -num_tiles 512

And maybe you need to compile with "make clean".

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2023
    IDK why it neve showed me this r told me you replied. Anywho actually tried make clean before posting so will try your thing. Thanks a lot. Even if it does not go as well its not that big of a deal since I can just make a new tileset for the classrooms and this is the only vanilla tileset I wished to expand.

Back