• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tileset problems

Niqck

G E K O L O N I S E E R D
    Years
    So I was trying something with essentials and decided to add some new tilesets mainly from HGSS and DPP. So I started defining where I the player was allowed to walk and where not but that is where I ran in to some problems.

I defined the trees like this but when I start the game I can still walk right in to the trees.
    Can anyone help me with this? (Sorry btw if I posted this in the wrong thread / with the wrong category. I am still new)

Years
    Hello Niqck,

Your link doesn't work for me & I'm unclear what you have "defined".
    Have you modified the Tilesets here? (Passage/Passage 4dir)
    Tools => Database => Tilesets

Passage
    O = walkthrough // X = Blocked
    Passage 4dir
    Arrows = walkthrough // Dots = blocked

Last edited:
    Years
    The magic wand in a photo editor can be used to remove the background - I personally use paint.net but its a common feature.
    (I read in another topic the background can potentially cause issues like what you are experiencing)

Always good to have a backup in case you mess up...
    (Open image in Photo Editor - Click Magic Wand - Click Whitespace/Background - Click delete - Click save)
    (You can lower the tolerance if it is deleting part of your sprite - shouldn't be an issue in this case)

Last edited:

Niqck

G E K O L O N I S E E R D
    Years
    The magic wand in a photo editor can be used to remove the background - I personally use paint.net but its a common feature.
    (I read in another topic the background can potentially cause issues like what you are experiencing)

Always good to have a backup in case you mess up...
    (Open image in Photo Editor - Click Magic Wand - Click Whitespace/Background - Click delete - Click save)
    (You can lower the tolerance if it is deleting part of your sprite - shouldn't be an issue in this case)

I tried but it didn't help, thanks for trying though!

Years
    No problem =) Sorry it didn't work out. Keep fiddling though - you'll get it!

Took me forever yesterday to fix the error in one of my custom scripts. Sometimes it helps to change perspective - look at what's working - instead of what's broken. Goodluck =)

Back