• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Time Capsule

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    In Generation II, there was trading feature called "Time Capsule" in which you could trade Pokemon from generation I to II. There were limitations, however: you could not trade Pokemon that had a generation Ii move to Generation I. There is, however, a glitch called "Time Capsule Exploit" that can turn generation ii pokemon into a glitch Pokemon in a Generation I game. Regardless of that, this is the only method of "moving your Pokemon up a generation" in Gen I to Gen II.

Did you ever make use of the Time Capsule?

I never have, since I don't physically own any generation II games or the virtual console versions.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    i've made use of it for physical and digital versions of the game. sent myself an aerodactyl and chansey from yellow (i think?) to breed in silver and then trade eggs into a copy of crystal. it's super fun raising pokemon you're not normally supposed to have at that point (or at all) in gen II. can't really explain why it feels especially good in gen II? probably just bc i never had the link cable until i was an adult.

as for vc games, i got a venomoth in red to trade over to breed with a ledyba in crystal to get my sweet mango baby. he is wonderful. i love ledian and wish it had better stats, but we get by. psybeam on it is pretty fun. i like putting in the extra work to get fun stuff like that.

Back