• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Time Problem in Gold

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
    Sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot, but....

I'm having a major problem with time issues in Gold.
    Problem is that the time doesn't work with ACTUAL time but in game time, meaning that if I play for an hour it will move from 3:00 to 4:00, but next time I turn it on it won't be whatever time it is currently, it will still be at 4:00.
    In other words, the clock doesn't change with REAL time anymore.
    I COULD start over and hope that would fix it, but I am nearly finished with my pokédex (just 10 more till I get all 251) and don't want to start all over from scratch.

I've tried using a cheat to reset the time, but I've found that it didn't work. I was able to change the time, but the time still won't change with REAL time.

Does anyone know what's up with my gold version and how I can fix it?

djvolcom

Private Detective
    Years
    it could be day light saving times that may have messed it up, or something is wrong with ur Gold Pak, i would say "transfer all those pokemon to another pak" and start from there.

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
    Dark Venusaur said:
    Why are you so upset about it for. there is no reason.

Well, playing in eternal night doesn't really sound like fun to me -_-
    Plus, there are some pokemon that appear only in the day. Catching them at night is kind of impossible.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    yaminokaitou said:
    Well, playing in eternal night doesn't really sound like fun to me -_-
    Plus, there are some pokemon that appear only in the day. Catching them at night is kind of impossible.
    Oh yeah I forgot but if you really cant catch certain pokemon. Use headbutt and the Pokemon will fall down and they will be asleep. If you cant get all the Pokemon you need just get a new Pokemon Gold version.

~Dark Venusaur

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
    Dark Venusaur said:
    Oh yeah I forgot but if you really cant catch certain pokemon. Use headbutt and the Pokemon will fall down and they will be asleep. If you cant get all the Pokemon you need just get a new Pokemon Gold version.

~Dark Venusaur

Heh. I want to get a new gold anyway, since I really want to start over. I gotta finish my firered version first though (since I already started over on that one).
    right now in gold it's day, thankfully (I hate playingat night). I guess since the time problem can't be fixed I'll just get the rest from my cousins...(they have silver). I'd start over but being this far in the game and starting over doesn't seem very fun, especially if I am not sure the clock will be fixed.

Buffalo State College
    Years
    yaminokaitou said:
    Heh. I want to get a new gold anyway, since I really want to start over. I gotta finish my firered version first though (since I already started over on that one).
    right now in gold it's day, thankfully (I hate playingat night). I guess since the time problem can't be fixed I'll just get the rest from my cousins...(they have silver). I'd start over but being this far in the game and starting over doesn't seem very fun, especially if I am not sure the clock will be fixed.
    But did you take my advice. The headbutting and most of the Pokemon you find in the day time will be in the trees sleeping.

:t003:Dark Venusaur:t003:

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
    Dark Venusaur said:
    But did you take my advice. The headbutting and most of the Pokemon you find in the day time will be in the trees sleeping.

Yeah, I'm going to try it. But first I need to remember who I taught headbutt to ^^;;

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Well for Heracross and pineco you need to headbutt those Bug types. For Heracross Mountain area's and for pineco forest area's. all i know is most Pokemon that appear at day time you can most likely find in R/B/y and G versions.

Hyster-ia

Hyster-ia
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2006
    You can't fix that anyway, what you could try is just shake your pak another time.. But that also can have some negative side-effects.. So I don't recommend that.

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Hyster-ia said:
    You can't fix that anyway, what you could try is just shake your pak another time.. But that also can have some negative side-effects.. So I don't recommend that.
    what do you mean "shake your pak thats not going to help. Anyways Yominokatiu I will get a list of the Pokemon later

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Here is a list of pokemon that comes out during specific times.
    Hoot-hoot- only at night-National Park routes 36,37
    Ledyba(Only in Silver) only in the morning routes 2,30,31,37
    Ledian(ONLy in Silver) only in the morning routes 2
    Spinarak(only in Gold) only at night routes 2,30,31,37
    Ariados(only in Gold) only at night routes 2
    Yanama only at night routes 35
    Espeon(train during the day)
    Umbreon(train during nightime)
    Pineco(Headbutt tress) at night Ilex forest
    Sneasel only at night routes 28
    Houndour only at night route 7
    the rest you can trade from R/B/Y/G

:t003:Dark Venusaur

Last edited:

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
    Dark Venusaur said:
    Here is a list of pokemon that comes out during specific times.
    Hoot-hoot- only at night-National Park routes 36,37
    Ledyba(Only in Silver) only in the morning routes 2,30,31,37
    Ledian(ONLy in Silver) only in the morning routes 2
    Spinarak(only in Gold) only at night routes 2,30,31,37
    Ariados(only in Gold) only at night routes 2
    Yanama only at night routes 35
    Espeon(train during the day)
    Umbreon(train during nightime)
    Pineco(Headbutt tress) at night Ilex forest
    Sneasel only at night routes 28
    Houndour only at night route 7
    the rest you can trade from R/B/Y/G

:t003:Dark Venusaur

Thanks a lot! Luckily I have most of those, so it shouldn't be a problem. It's just going to bite to not be able to do stuff like the bug catching contest and certain events that happen only on certain days. X_X

Back