• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Time's Art Thread

Time Guardian

Requiem of the 13th Hour
Years
  • I do draw a bit, actually I plan to try and major in art as well once I finish off my last classes, but I do have a lot of improvement to go through before I feel I can ever be any good honestly.

Anyways, here's what I have so far, There would be more in this post, but I can't link to other sites quite yet and the image itself is huge in size as well, so I can't use the image tags without stretching the page too far.

I wish I could show some of my current works in progress, but I can't because of what they're going to be used for. But here's what I do have and can show.

Era.png

--A quick version of my sort of Fursona/animalized Persona character.
    I did this during the period that my computer died, so I was messing around with paint and my tablet on dad's computer and resulted with this. She was originally intended to be a wolf, but as of late because of noticing the abundence of wolves (and because of her coloration as well) I may end up changing her into a fox instead.

Zamus.png

--Unshaded avatar-sized quick couple minute doodle of Zero Suit Samus. I just wanted to make something quick in SAI to help keep me in shape with simply drawing and not shading.

Richter-1.png

Sig-1.png

--This is when boredom takes it toll and I decide to play around with a simplistic style for the heck of it. First one is a sort of Luminous Arc 2/Castlevania crossover, while the second was based on a sort of youtube video that I can't find anymore.

Zero.png

--Zero, from the Megaman series. I was testing around with a new style for coloring/ shading here, which I developed out more in a later drawing.

Sketch-1.png

--A developed out version of the shading style I used in the Zero image. There is no need for me to say whom he is. XD

Nidoking.png

--Random battle-worn Nidoking drawing I did that stemmed from a MSN convo. I did him entirely from memory so some details will probably be wrong.

EraCorruptedform.png

--One of my Works in Progress of my persona, Era. Although this is more or less a "corrupted" or evil form of her.

Also Comments and Critiques are both highly encouraged, especially Crits and maybe redlines to help show areas of improvement and how to improve with it.

And since I see there's a oekaki here, I'll probably be using that some to do a few things as well. XD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2013
    I remember the Zero one. I quite love the shading in that one.

Time Guardian

Requiem of the 13th Hour
    Years
  • I've feel in love with that style honestly for the Zero one, then again, the water tool in SAI is sooo fun to use.

Anywho, a bit more of an update here now.

Quick version of my idea of a Dialga Gijinka/pokehuman, I've been using this as my profile pic on here honestly. It's not that good since I still need to work on doing people at a side view, though. :/
    DialgaGijinka.png

This morning I decided to mess around in Open Canvas a bit now that I finally got it up and working. This is of one of my older Sonic fan-characters by the name of Bolt. (Yes, I did sign it as Tails, since that's basically what I'm known as on a different site that I frequent at)
    TheLivingLightning.png

A sort of project of mine combining the Johto E-4/Champion with Phoenix Wright characters. (trust me, listening to PW music and playing SS creates some...interesting results) I still have Koga and Bruno laft to do with this project, though.
    --Linked because of size--
    Psy*DeMasque
    Karen Von Karma
    Lance Wright

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I LOL'd pretty hard on those Pokemon Wright pics, even though Lance's new cape usually makes me want to gag. XD Props on that.

But I agree with the comment on side views; what I would recommend is start focusing on one certain artist's style, and once you've got that down, start understanding the true human face from a side view. (The Internet is your new best friend.) Even if your anatomy looks good otherwise, it can only get better if you start to learn how your anime-styled heads will move and turn, and what it looks like from those angles.

Back