• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Times When You Wanted To Break Your GBA Out of Nerves...

Years
    in the emerald battle frontier i faced off against the factory brain with a team that i thought was unbeatable, he threw out a castform and kicked my butt

Last edited:
    Years
    It was taking forever to catch Articuno. I had been at it for a long time and for several sessions (saving in front of Articuno, trying with all my ultra balls and restarting from my save point when something went wrong) Well, I got super upset at my 5th try at that when all of Artucuno's PP ran out and it killed itself with struggle. I banged my GBA on a table and the screen cracked. Oops. My mom refused to buy me a new one so I did yard work for my neighbors until I could afford a new one. :/

And there's the time when I was out of pokeballs but thought I had one left to use on a Diglett. Turned out it was my Master Ball. I started from my last save point but lost hours of work. D:
    ya dude that sucks, I absolutely HATE redoing things on any game. I give up playing for a couple weeks when that happens.

I've seen 3 different shinies in my life, and EVERY frickin time i go to catch it, I get a fricking critical hit and kill it. I hardly ever get critical hits and it just happens to always happen on shinies, Argh!!

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    this didnt happen to me but 1 of me friends.
    we were on a bus and he lent his GBA to anouther dude, this dude was mukin about and he found shiny latias, he got it in one pokeball. we were gettin of the bus and he said "here ya go" turned of the GBA without saving and gave it back to this guy, he was so mad

Poke_a_Dialga!

EXAMS TESTS AND EXAMS QAQ
    Years
    EMERALD: Tried rebattle the league after I finish the game, it erased...
    Caught a shiny makuhita and SAVED. Then when I played it tomorrow, the game got erased....
    RUBY: Found one shiny tentacool and then I accidentally turned my gba off 'cause I was been attracted to something....
    FIRERED: Took me ages to find a Lavitar and found one! Ran out of Pokeballs. Nothing left except Masterball. Used my masterball for it...
    My save file got deleted WHEN my team had Masterball-Captured Tyranitar Lv100, Zapdos Lv100, Mewtwo Lv 100, Milotic Lv100, Rayquaza Lv100, Chaarizard lv96 T-T
    GBC in GBA Xp: Gold: I cloned many Typhlosions then the file got deleted...

Distortion World

Steel/Flying
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    The only time I can remember when I wanted to smash my GBA was when I couldn't beat Moltres in PMD.

I literially trained the whole day just to get past him.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    It happened some months ago when my brother of mine reseted the whole thing without my knowledge. I was training for the league by then.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    The mossdeep gym.
    When I was winning against Wallace, then I lost at the last second.

Back