• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Tips for filling Pokedex?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    I really want to fill my Pokedex for the kalos region, I dont need to own the pokemon but just as long as it counts in my Pokedex. I got pokemon bank as well, My FC is: 2380-3584-0715 and IGN is: TJ. Do you have any tips that would help me?

Years
  • My best tips would be to wonder trade a lot, ask your friends if they have a Pokemon you are looking for and then request to trade with them, and trade it back straight away (if they want to). Although a really good idea is to use the Trade Corner we have here at ThePokeCommunity which can be found here
    Good Luck!

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    I find alot of useful pokemon during wondertrade Wednesday from 8-9 EST, so I guess its my best bet, thank you for the tips

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • I WT'd, and a lot of stuff I got off of the GTS.

I just put up a bunch of 4IV HA Adamant Torchic w/ EMs and people fed me the rest of the fillers.

I also found a lot of friends to touch-trade with.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2019
    Yeah i found breeding the not so common starters and putting them on GTS works great too

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2017
    besides wonder trade, battling within the game has helped me a lot. all the trainers you encounter, as well as the battle maison and battle chateau, and the different restaraunts in lumiose city. my pokedex is somewhere over 400 at the moment. :)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Importing 30 at a time from Generation V can be a big help. Especially legendaries.

Years
  • Oh yeah I defiantly agree with Cyclone, over the years since Gen 3 I have collected 100s of Pokemon, transferring them all took forever but it racked up my PokeDex to about 500, so if you have played previous generations them I would recommend transferring them all. Of course you now have to pay for Pokemon Bank to do so but it is very cheap.

Venun

Hoarding since 1985
    Years
  • It sounds like you don't know you can search for a pokemon you haven't encountered yet on the GTS. To do so, simply scroll down past the Z, where it says "What pokemon?", and type the name of the pokemon you seek in there. Make sure it's correct, if you have a typo it won't give an error but your trade will be up for ages :p

TheGinger63

PKMN Trainer
    Years
  • It seems people like unowns haha. I just completed my dex last night. And I traded off 100+ unowns. If you have dppt/hgss, I highly suggest catching a bunch of unowns and putting them up on the gts (use the "what pokemon" search if you havent encounter a certain mon). It doesnt usually take more than 5 minutes per request

Back