• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TM – Team Medic

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2010
    SharpPoint:
    I suggest FireRed because of the mass amounts of tools available for it. I also suggest that Diego dude's XSE tutorial to learn how to script. It helps a lot. Or, if you don't want to learn scripting but a little bit wouldn't hurt, search 'foullump pokescript tutorial' on YouTube. It gives you basic scripting knowledge, which I feel is mandatory as a team leader.

Thanks for the tutorial, I'll go check right away!

Shrey:
    Don't pressure him to be a scripter . Being a mapper or a spriter is fine too .

It's ok Shrey :P I've always wanted to know how scripting was... I Just did not find the good tutorial for it. I'm not saying that I'm doing the scripting for Hungry Ghost, though.
    I need a good scripter for that! Not some lazy-person-who-doesn't-have-any-clue-of-how-scripting-works (aka ME).

TehSquidly:
    I wish I had the answer to that :(. I mean I actually can animate. But... I don't think firereds capable of doing moving sprites.

Yeh, well, that was pretty much my point, Squiddly. Do you think you could add moving Sinnoh pkm sprites in emerald? Is it feasible?

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
    Years
  • Don't pressure him to be a scripter . Being a mapper or a spriter is fine too .

Who's pressuring anyone? I merely gave him tutorials on scripting if he wanted to learn. It's his choice if he decides he wants to learn or not.

In my opinion, I don't consider a spriter as important as a mapper or scripter. It's pretty obvious why. Unless the hack is based off of like 100 fakemon, then a spriter is just an add-on. It's like a pizza slice with pepperoni, you can eat the slice without pepperoni, but pepperoni would be nice. Lol, I should end this post now.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2010
    Yeah I should be able to do that. I have no clue how to insert them myself though.

We will find you an inserter then ;)

In my opinion, I don't consider a spriter as important as a mapper or scripter. It's pretty obvious why. Unless the hack is based off of like 100 fakemon, then a spriter is just an add-on. It's like a pizza slice with pepperoni, you can eat the slice without pepperoni, but pepperoni would be nice. Lol, I should end this post now.

Hahaha, when your metaphores come to talk about pepperoni pizza, I guess it means you've made your point. xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2010
    Alright ^_^. What do you want me to animate first?

Well, I guess since every Sinnoh pkm are going to be in the game... You can begin wherever you want! ^^

Though maybe the starters first, at least. (Piplup, Turtwig, Chimchar)

If I have any specific demands during the making of the hack, I'll let you know ;)

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2010
    Well, TehSquiddly said that he can make moving Sinnoh sprites. And since the only 3rd generation game there is with moving sprites is emerald... I guess that's gonna be it! ^^

Why, is emerald too hard to hack?

Neo-Wolf

I am back!
    Years
  • Well , Emerald is a bit .. tough to hack and many programs don't support it .
    @pokemon-5432
    Nice sprite you made . And you can do anything ?

TehSquidly

. . .
    Years
  • Well, I guess since every Sinnoh pkm are going to be in the game... You can begin wherever you want! ^^

Though maybe the starters first, at least. (Piplup, Turtwig, Chimchar)

If I have any specific demands during the making of the hack, I'll let you know ;)
    I finished the animations. I can't do a whole lot with them, I mean there pretty basic sprites. I could to more with say, Starly.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2010
    I finished the animations. I can't do a whole lot with them, I mean there pretty basic sprites. I could to more with say, Starly.

They are great, Squidly! Keep on! Haha, When turtwig is at his stretch-iest form, he looks like a friend of mine xD

Well , Emerald is a bit .. tough to hack and many programs don't support it .

At least advance map do. =/
    I guess I need to find a program to put in the moving sprites... I have to check if that even exists. I don't know why it wouldn't, though.

To Pokemon-5432
    What is your desired position? I understand you're good in everything ^^ Do you know scripting?
    And it's an awsome drawing you have there!

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2010
    So glad you like them! I was a bit worried ^_^'

You don't need to worry, Squid. Your work is great!

to Pokemon-5432:

So, scripter, eh?

Do you know any good program to script emerald? (Or does any scripting program have the ability to script emerald?)

I am so not aware of these things *sigh*.

pokemon-5432

Not A Thief Got Hacked!!!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2010
    scripting

i use pksvui_pkg2-0-5 i will start with whatever you need

pokemon 5432

Years
    • Seen today
    Desired position:any
    Proof of Work:
    View attachment 48989
    Previous Work (if any):not done any hacks yet
    MSN (can be PMed or e-mailed for privacy):[email protected]
    Seriously, can anyone honestly believe this? You practically took an image from google, and claimed it was yours, and how's that proof of how you can sprite or script? As said in another thread, that's from Card Captor Sakura (which I used to watch:3). I'm not trying to be mean but, seriously, whoa, I can take an image from google, I'm really good at ROM Hacking.

Doctor Scavenger, I don't know what you're thinking, but if you are really that type of desperate person, so be it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2010
    To shrey

Hey, you bundle-of-information,

I wanted to know...

If I made a Title Screen myself, in an image format, is there a way to make it ".ips" ? Or do I ab-so-lu-tly need a Title Screening program to make one?

To Qwerty

I anwered in PM.

Back