• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] TM CASE in Fire Red broken?

Jehowi

Your Master Superior
Years
  • I've been having a lot of trouble lately with the TM CASE in my rom hack. At first, I didn't use a TM CASE at all, so when i got a TM, they were no where to be found. I added a script where I received a TM CASE and went to check, but as soon as I opened the TM CASE, I got a black screen. Since I thought this happened because you're not supposed to get a TM before getting the TM CASE, I restarted my rom hack gamefile from scratch, this time with a script that would give me a TM CASE before I received my first TM. I checked the TM case, and it opened just fine. I got my first TM, checked again, and it opened just fine with the TM inside. Now I restarted my game a third time, didn't open te TM case before receiving my first TM, and it gives me a black screen again! So either this happens because you have to check it at least once before receiving a TM, or there's some sort of glitch. I have edited the TM's in-game to give you different moves, I don't know if it has something to do with that. But during my second test, it worked fine. Any ideas?

I checked online and apparently using gameshark or action replay messes up the tm case. I didn't use any of those, but I did edit some of the TM's with a program.

Edit: Restarted a fourth time. TM case works until I receive my first custom-made TM. Then I get a black screen.
    Isn't there a way to remove the tm case from the game completely?

Edit2: I've made a script where I would give an unedited tm (50: overheat) to my playable character. Still tm case doesn't work. So I think the problem lies with the TM CASE, not with the tm's.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2017
    I have the same problem , i think it lies with the tm's because i renamed the tm's with a french name , if you renamed your tm's try to use they first name , i will try a lot of things and i wil edit that post if i find a solution.
    I think it lies with cut , i have modified it ( 70 power )

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2017
    I think we can just not use the tm case and put the tm's in an other pocket in the bag with item editor ^^ i will try it !

EDIT : I can't use the tm if it's in an other pocket :/

Last edited:
    Back