• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

To hatch or not to hatch

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2016
    Hi all,
    Im at level 21, my stardust is 165870, I dont have a pokemon above 1000 yet and Im not joining any gym yet.
    At this moment I have 5 normal incubators (with 1 use left) & 1 unlimited 1.
    I always use the unlimited 1 for hatching 2-5km eggs.
    At this moment though I have collected 6 10km egg.
    Should I hatch all the 10km eggs coz I have enough incubators?
    And can I combine it with lucky egg?
    Thanx

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    Ideally you want to use the eternal incubator with 2km and 5km eggs, putting priority on the 2km eggs.

Ideally you would use the purchased 3-time incubators only on 10km eggs. The world is not perfect and people are impatient and some people have money to spend, and 10k eggs are rather rare, so using 3-time-use incubators on 5km eggs is also acceptable.

So yes, go ahead, put the 10km eggs into the 3-time-use incubators, of course.

Lucky eggs are best used for evolve sessions, you use the egg and then evolve 70-80 pokemon in these 30 minutes. They made the evolve animation a little bit faster. You would need to combine your egg hatching with that, getting less than 70000 experience from a lucky egg is not really acceptable nowadays, and the egg hatching cannot come close to that.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    i would just hatch them all at the same time. i wouldnt use the lucky egg unless youre doing the multi-evolving for leveling up. at level 21, you should already have most of pokemons you get from 10km eggs anyway.

Illusionss

Banned
    Years
    Hi all,
    Im at level 21, my stardust is 165870, I dont have a pokemon above 1000 yet and Im not joining any gym yet.
    At this moment I have 5 normal incubators (with 1 use left) & 1 unlimited 1.
    I always use the unlimited 1 for hatching 2-5km eggs.
    At this moment though I have collected 6 10km egg.
    Should I hatch all the 10km eggs coz I have enough incubators?
    And can I combine it with lucky egg?
    Thanx

You should probably hatch the 6 you have now as it will be very difficult obtaining more, plus if you hatch now during Halloween period (26th oct-1st nov) you'll get double candies which will be a ton. Definitely use a lucky egg as that's an extra 6,000-12,000 xp you'll be getting depending on how many new Pokemon you hatch from the eggs, I would recommend using the lucky egg when your 10km eggs are at around 9.5km providing you're still walking as if you try and wait until the last second, the chances are it'll be too late. Also consider evolving some Pokemon when you pop the lucky egg, it will still count your steps if you evolve Pokemon whilst walking.

i would just hatch them all at the same time. i wouldnt use the lucky egg unless youre doing the multi-evolving for leveling up. at level 21, you should already have most of pokemons you get from 10km eggs anyway.

I'm almost level 27 and still missing Snorlax, Lapras, Aerodactyl and Chansey.

Last edited:

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    at level 21, you should already have most of pokemons you get from 10km eggs anyway.
    That would be a poor assumption. I didn't hatch a single Snorlax until way after I was done with the North American PokéDex. I actually didn't even hatch a Scyther until I was past level 30. I hatched over 40 10km eggs by then.

Fast forward to today, I should hit level 32 this weekend. I've flown to Australia and Europe, and my Dex is at 144. I've hatched over 60 10km eggs. I have still yet to hatch a single Aerodactyl and Dratini.

I have an Instinct account at level 20, almost level 21. The only 10km Pokémon it's hatched so far are a Pinsir, Magmar and Omanyte. Nothing else.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2017
    Hatching 10K eggs is just frustrating to me. Three Pinsirs in a row. Later, three Magmars in a row! Just yesterday a Hitmonlee. I'm level 28 and still never hatched a Snorlax, Lapras, or Aerodactyl. But heck, sometimes the dice don't roll the way you would like. I feel lucky to have hatched two Dratini, anyway.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    That would be a poor assumption. I didn't hatch a single Snorlax until way after I was done with the North American PokéDex. I actually didn't even hatch a Scyther until I was past level 30. I hatched over 40 10km eggs by then.

Fast forward to today, I should hit level 32 this weekend. I've flown to Australia and Europe, and my Dex is at 144. I've hatched over 60 10km eggs. I have still yet to hatch a single Aerodactyl and Dratini.

I have an Instinct account at level 20, almost level 21. The only 10km Pokémon it's hatched so far are a Pinsir, Magmar and Omanyte. Nothing else.

oh please.. just because you havent hatched some pokemons, my "assumption" is poor? then my assumption is that your luck is just bad. most trainers i know have hatched snorlax and/or lapras before hitting level 20, so im not "assuming" things out of my arse.
    not trying to start an argument. just saying how it is.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2018
    oh please.. just because you havent hatched some pokemons, my "assumption" is poor? then my assumption is that your luck is just bad. most trainers i know have hatched snorlax and/or lapras before hitting level 20, so im not "assuming" things out of my arse.

Most of my friends haven't hatched snorlax, lapras, aerodactyl, etc as of yet and we're all above 20.

Illusionss

Banned
    Years

Your assumption is most definitely poor, I have friends who are level 27,28,30 ect... all of which are still missing a few 10km egg Pokemon. I'm pretty sure the majority of players aren't even close to having all 10km egg Pokemon until at least level 25.

Years

I'm level 21 and have hatched four 10km eggs. They yielded: a Magmar; my Jynx and buddy Harriet, an Electrobuzz, and an Aerodactyl whom I named Adeline.

I get a bigger boost to my spirits hatching 5km and 2km eggs. Often I find a really prime specimen I can evolve to something big and powerful, and lately I hatched two Zubats in a row. I have great dificulty catching Zubats and Golbats so I'm glad to hatch them out. Caterpie are rare where I live. A while ago I received a fine specimen whom I will make into a Butterfree when I do Lucky Egg evolutions.

Back