• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] tofu-sketchbook

tofu-scrambler

small independent marshmallow
Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2015
    hello! welcome to my little sketchbook. i've loved to draw for as long as i can remember, and i was super into it when i was younger, but as i got older it turned into the odd doodle here and there. so a few months ago i decided to really dedicate myself to studying/practicing my drawing so i can improve a lot more! in this thread you'll mostly see unfinished/rough sketches and studies rather than finished pieces, at least in the beginning, as i would really like to improve my basic drawing skills before i move on to studying values and color and putting it all together. i thought that maybe posting my stuff on here might be motivating in a way, and of course any comments or critiques are always welcome, because i don't claim that my skill level is anything too great at the moment, lol.​

anyway here are a few examples of the most recent things i've been working on:

hand studies
    i've always hated hands and avoided them so that was the first thing i focused on and i've improved a ton!

Spoiler:

rough/unfinished things
    these are actually ranging from ~six months to a year ago before i started to take art more seriously and push myself to draw a lot more, i had some cool ideas for them but i stopped and never finished them x___x hopefully i can fix them up and take them farther in the future! the second one looks really wonky to me, not to mention uninteresting, and i kinda wanna fix it right now lol.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

that's all i have for now but hopefully i can provide more interesting stuff in my next update haha! thanks for stopping by, and i hope i'll be able to stick with it and keep improving and eventually post some fully finished pieces here. c:​

xFataLx

Dreaming oV a Dead Sun
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2018
    not bad. I'd suggest drawing a solid line rather than what you used though. that's my personal opinion. I do like how you did the hands though. i have trouble drawing any limb myself haha. hope to see more from you soon.

tofu-scrambler

small independent marshmallow
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2015
    not bad. I'd suggest drawing a solid line rather than what you used though. that's my personal opinion. I do like how you did the hands though. i have trouble drawing any limb myself haha. hope to see more from you soon.
    oh hey! thanks so much for the comment/suggestion. do you mean the very last drawing in my post? i agree, that one is very sketchy, i think i didn't even get to the point to make clean lines for that one. but i hope to revisit that one again and that'll definitely be the first thing i do. if you're talking about all of them, i think it's a lot easier for me personally to make multiple lines while sketching and then clean it up later, but that's just personal preference i suppose, like you said. c: and yeah! lol, i think hands and feet are what give a lot of people the most trouble, so i decided to tackle that first.

thanks again for the comment! i'll try to update this when i get a chance. c:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2015
    I also wish to thank you very much to you have to make posts here

Back