• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Too Many Evolutions Spoil the Broth"

MisterBat

YEY
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    Masterge77 said:
    Also, Eevee will one day have OVER 9000 evolutions, seriously, 7 Eeveelutions is enough

In some way I agree, however, after every generation you always hear people talking about how badly they want to see the next Eeveelutions while taking guesses at which ones will be made. A grass type Eeveelution and an ice type Eeveelution have been much anticipated since the second generation. Now that they've finally come out with Leafeon and Glaceon, all any one seems to do is complain. I'm not too impressed with the designs of them; I was expecting something a lot more interesting from Leafeons design myself, not just a yellow dog with a bunch of leaves stuck to it. Same goes for Glaceon, I was expecting it to look more... like it lived in the arctic. Thicker fur (somewhat similar to Flareon) and a colour scheme of light blues and white.

Also, I've always wanted to see a flying type Eeveelution. It's just something that came up that I thought would be interesting to see.

Edit: I suppose the point I'm trying to get to is while mass evolutions for one Pokemon isn't necessarily good, the fact is everyone wants to see more of them, so more will be made. I'm pretty sure all 17 types will be represented in Eeveelutions by the time Pokemon is finally done.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    Now that they've finally come out with Leafeon and Glaceon, all any one seems to do is complain. I'm not too impressed with the designs of them; I was expecting something a lot more interesting from Leafeons design myself, not just a yellow dog with a bunch of leaves stuck to it.
    Unreleased first-gen style beta Leafeon sprites:
    Spoiler:

ShatteredRose

Thanks for Noticin'
    Years
    That actually looks better than the current Leafeon IMO.

Eh, I actually like the design of the new eeveelutions. Glaceon might be a little plain, but they aren't too bad. :)

@ La Foudre

I agree. I don't see the point of Magmortar and Electivire. But at least Electivire is decent looking. Magmortar is absolutely hideous.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    I don't like the term "nostalgia colored glasses". We all like change, it's just that some of us only like forward change rather than backward change.

Improvement > Stagnation > Ruining

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
    Also, Eevee will one day have OVER 9000 evolutions, seriously, 7 Eeveelutions is enough

But that probably defeats the purpose of Eevee as the "Evolution Pokemon". :/

And speaking of that, why does the new Eevees have only one place to evolve?
    And Leafeon looks too ...too ...too leafy, it seems that it is gonna crumble anytime. The beta design looks way better! ;_;

Lickilickilickilicky looks so ...so fat, it is gonna burst anytime, and its name is totally ridiculous!
    Magmortar looks like a drunk Pokemon with steroids?!
    And Probopass... argh!

[/ends rant]

Back