• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Took a While...lol

Anala

Ajula..?ZOMG MY SHINY UMBREON!
Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2009
    I'm new here, so figured I'd show everyone who's interested, what I do sometimes. Here is something I did back in 2007. Took me a while, but I got it done. I still love Pokemon. Scanner was working at that time, lol, not now, I think I broke it. >.< Some reason, I think it's the admins that are deleting the pics, so here's the links.
    The horse took me 3 and a half hours to do. Now I know how to do some things and hopefully, soon, Lugia will be finnished

This is my deviantart page, new stuff coming!

http://anajawolf.deviantart.com/

If you guyz want, you can use one of them for an avatar, I don't mind, just remember to say somewhere who the artist it (Mee! lol) I plan on doing more, though my scanner isn't working. But, I am also going to see what I can do on just computer alone, with photoshop of course.

From 2007
    http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/7329/yayet2.jpg

Still working on this one
    http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/3330/lugia2qu1.jpg

Confirmed, I can draw on just Photoshop
    http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/429/spiritofahorseib8.jpg
    longtimefv0.jpg

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Oh wow they are amazing!
    Love how you put like a realistic effect on them!
    Did you colour using a PC or by hand?

Anala

Ajula..?ZOMG MY SHINY UMBREON!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2009
    Ok Noxious, you and I did talk last night about doing a commission. He's not much to look at right now, beacuse I don't like drawing on the computer, hard to draw straight, which is why I use the line/curve tool. But I'm hoping he'll look better once I figure out how to shade him. Well, as I told you, my scanner is down, but I also told you last night that I'd try out drawing something with just the computer alone. Well, I tried. Here's the draft for starters, tried doing Lugia, seeing as he's relatively simple to draw, not too many details. My opinion, he dosn't look that great right now. So, here he is so far, just a rough outline and the parts of his body that are blue are just filled in now, no shading yet. I'll frig around with it some more, I have to figure out how I'm going to do the shading just using photoshop tools. So I have to familiarize myself with the textures and tools and whatnot. So I'll keep working on it, but for now, here it is. Let me know what you think. If you have suggestions let me know, or if you want me to try drawing a specific pokemon for you, let me know and I'll give it a go. Maybe I'll stick to drawing on the computer for now and see where it gets me. Who knows, maybe it'll turn into something I like doing. ^_^

lugiablahru6.png
    by me, Anala

Last edited:

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Aww, what a neat and unique style! I love the personality you gave each one, and the bright and shiny colors really bring them to life! Must've taken a lot of patience. Kudos to you! :3

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Well I can see some lines that go a little messy in some spots but other than that, IT IS AMAZING!
    If that for you is not very good, I cannot wait for you to finish!

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    I really like the simplicity and the pose of the Lugia one, good job! Can't wait to see it finished! :3

The Photoshop horse one is pretty good for a first try on the computer (much better than how I started off, way back when lol) though it seems you've shaded with a lighter color rather than darker. I would suggest for making things that are black to use a dark grey for the base and an almost-black to shade. Have highlights, too, and let that light source dictate where to shade.

Horses are tough things to draw, and I'm no expert on their anatomy, never really having drawn one, but I think the eye and nostril on the left are a bit wonky, otherwise it looks pretty good to me! I like how the mane has the variations in shades so it looks more like hairs, too.

Judging by your piece with all the Pokemon, I would say you know shading pretty well, so perhaps it's just getting used to the new medium that you need. :3

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
  • Very nice work, very nice work indeed.

(Sorry I don't have more to say, I don't usually enter this area mainly because art isn't really my thing, despite my best marks I got back in high school being for art.)

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Finally used another browser, and I say! Wow they're amazing graphics! Except for the spiritofthehorse thingy. I can't see it clearly. I suggest you brighten it up a bit.

~MasterMind~

⌊C u r i o s i t y ♫ ♥⌉
    Years
  • i like these "a lot" especially the lugia one if you havent got one already i would suggest getting a Deviant Art to show more people these
    but anyways i love the realistic....style you put into to them
    overall there great

Back