• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Tools on windows 7

TAKUORO

Pyro from WAH ;D
    Years
    Hello everyone, I din't know where to put this so i will post it here

here is my problem... I want to change my vista to windows 7
    but I'm not sure about this

The rom hacking tools like amap and overworld editor works on 7?
    because I don't want to change if thats make me impossible to hack
    the reason is because vista brings many problems

so the question is Wich tools works on vista? They work fine or they have problems?

I also wanto to know specially if sappy works fine here.. if anyone could tell me this, I will be deeply thankfull ^^

Sorry my english and sorry if I make this thread in the wrong place, if it is wrong, mods can move it ;D

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2011
    Yup. They work fine, as far as I used them. I use a lot of different stuff, AMap, AText, Overworld, UNLZ, NTME, and some other stuff. You just need to register the OCX files and they work great.

Have fun.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Any software that works on Vista should have no problem on 7. Drivers are a different story though lol

Anyways, Ultimate includes XP mode too just to be certain for even older OS compatibility...

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
    Everything should work fine....

...except for sappy. I swear I've tried everything! It won't load the ROM when it does, crash!

so ya except for sappy everything should work! :D

TAKUORO

Pyro from WAH ;D
    Years
    Everything should work fine....

...except for sappy. I swear I've tried everything! It won't load the ROM when it does, crash!

so ya except for sappy everything should work! :D

ok well thank you all

but if sappy doesn't work, can I use xp ultimate mode to use the xp compability?
    Just to be sure

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
    ok well thank you all

but if sappy doesn't work, can I use xp ultimate mode to use the xp compability?
    Just to be sure

I dont think so...

I've tried EVERYTHING!

theres this really really old version of sappy that works though (like version 1.2 or something)

michaelh

Script Ninja-in-training
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    Works fine with the additional Virtual Windows XP, but the sound is very stuttery, so I wouldn't recommend working with it.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    all of them work fine. (ive been using the RC for 3 months + and using the tools too)
    however, if any tool gives a problem, run it in compability mode.

TAKUORO

Pyro from WAH ;D
    Years
    well, thank you all for your help, i already have 7 ultimate and all tools work fine
    sappy may cause some problems, but is easy, I just use the xp mode and it fixes

Works fine with the additional Virtual Windows XP, but the sound is very stuttery, so I wouldn't recommend working with it.

maybe is because the voicegruop, because mine sound perfectly

Well, you can close this tread please
    My question has been answered ^^

Back