• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Torterra, Empoleon, ... Infernape (Theory)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I was playing my Diamond game just a few minutes ago, and I was checking out my Prinplup and Chimchar when a thought ran across my mind. In the show, Paul has a fully evolved turtwig (Torterra) and Jun has a fully evolved Piplup (Empoleon)...and Ash has a stage one Chimchar who has been thought to evolve into Monferno later on...then I though, OMG Jun and Paul are Ash's biggest rivals and they all have each of the three Sinnoh starters...which makes me think even more that Ash's Chimchar just might evovle ALL the way into Infernape so the pattern will be complete...the three biggest rivals Ash, Paul, and Jun have the final stage evolutions of the Sinnoh Starters...

so plz speculate and discuss what you think of this theory...

Dyno-Zuru

I figt fo mah homies
    Years
    I was playing my Diamond game just a few minutes ago, and I was checking out my Prinplup and Chimchar when a thought ran across my mind. In the show, Paul has a fully evolved turtwig (Torterra) and Jun has a fully evolved Piplup (Empoleon)...and Ash has a stage one Chimchar who has been thought to evolve into Monferno later on...then I though, OMG Jun and Paul are Ash's biggest rivals and they all have each of the three Sinnoh starters...which makes me think even more that Ash's Chimchar just might evovle ALL the way into Infernape so the pattern will be complete...the three biggest rivals Ash, Paul, and Jun have the final stage evolutions of the Sinnoh Starters...

Well i dont get it it makes no sense please explain better .

Asmo-deus

Psychomancy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010

It basically means that Ash's Chimchar would fully evolve into Infernape.

It seems logical, but Ash's Turtwig already evolved into Grotle, and I doubt that another of his starter would evolve. But you have a good point there.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    It seems logical, but Ash's Turtwig already evolved into Grotle, and I doubt that another of his starter would evolve.

I agree. If you compare it with the other seasons, his other starters ceased to evolved, being though, only at their basic stage.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013

I basically meant that it seems kinda like a pattern tha Jun for some reason has a fully evolved Piplup, Paul has a fully evolved Turtwig, and Ash has gotten Chimchar on his team. SO it could mean that to complete the pattern of three big rivals, Ash's chimchar might evolve all the way!

It basically means that Ash's Chimchar would fully evolve into Infernape.

It seems logical, but Ash's Turtwig already evolved into Grotle, and I doubt that another of his starter would evolve. But you have a good point there.

I thought of that too...but because grotle has the speed problem, evolving into TOrterra would only make him slower and then Ash and Paul would have more than one of the same type of pokemon...So, I thought that it wouldn't be so bad if Ash's Chimchar actually evolved all the way...especially after thinking of this pattern and theory...and thank you!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    You make a very good point Kid *rates thread excellent*
    I think that he might just get his Chimchar all the way to Infernape, and even show Paul who's boss like I said many times! ':D

But maybe we might get some hints that his Chimchar will evolve into Infernape...maybe even when Rival Jun appears we might get a hint ':D

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Made a good point, yes, I think it will evolve, though, all the Hoenn region starters fully evolved also.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years

This has been a theory since they revealed Jun had an Empoleon. >_>

If your hoping for it by the Sinnoh League then pray ALOT. Hope that Chimmy evolves within the next like two episodes.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    This has been a theory since they revealed Jun had an Empoleon. >_>

If your hoping for it by the Sinnoh League then pray ALOT. Hope that Chimmy evolves within the next like two episodes.

it has???
    well, I'm pretty sure he'll evolve sometime before, suring, or after Ash goes to get his 7th badge in Snowpoint...and maybe after MANY episodes later it might evolve into inferanpe to try and defeat Paul in the Pokemon League itself...or evolve into Infernape in Sunyshore while the group meets up with Jasmine again...

what do u think of that theory as well??? lol

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
    Maybe they'll do something completely crazy and have Ash get a Torterra, too.

Spoiler:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Maybe they'll do something completely crazy and have Ash get a Torterra, too.

Spoiler:

If that were to happen I would like to see ppl complain then...

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    It is very likely for this to be possible, but then again, if you actually look at how cute Chimchar is, how many children it will attract, and all the $$$$$ that will come in...

I pretty much doubt it. It would look cooler if it kicked butt in that form though.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I say yes. And for it to have blast burn to truly capture the trio theory. But if they keep it in chimmy style they did a cyndaquil which sucks. Seriously. So yeah i realy want it to happen.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    Actually I have a feeling that all of ash's pokemon (accept pikachu of course) are going to be fully evolved by the end of sinnoh. he's definitely has more evolved pokemon now then evr before.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Hmm... I haven't watched the anime in ages, but I do keep up with the info, and here's how I would handle Chimchar's evolution:

*Ash gets to the Sinnoh League without Chimchar evolving. He gets past a round or two, and Chimchar is unused/unseen for a short period.
    *After a break in the festivities, Ash is set to go against Paul. The battle starts off even, but Paul gains the upper hand and proceeds to trash Ash's team.
    *When Ash is down to one team member left, he seems to be in a hopeless situation, and Paul mocks him about being a weak trainer with useless Pokémon. Ash sends out his last Pokémon, which is... Infernape, which evolved twice from Chimchar during a secret training session.
    *Infernape then proceeds to own the remainder of Paul's team, and Ash finally gives Paul a verbal smackdown about how to properly care for your Pokémon. It's ambiguous to the viewer as to whether Paul learns his lesson.

...at least that's how I'd write that episode.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    Hmm... I haven't watched the anime in ages, but I do keep up with the info, and here's how I would handle Chimchar's evolution:

*Ash gets to the Sinnoh League without Chimchar evolving. He gets past a round or two, and Chimchar is unused/unseen for a short period.
    *After a break in the festivities, Ash is set to go against Paul. The battle starts off even, but Paul gains the upper hand and proceeds to trash Ash's team.
    *When Ash is down to one team member left, he seems to be in a hopeless situation, and Paul mocks him about being a weak trainer with useless Pokémon. Ash sends out his last Pokémon, which is... Infernape, which evolved twice from Chimchar during a secret training session.
    *Infernape then proceeds to own the remainder of Paul's team, and Ash finally gives Paul a verbal smackdown about how to properly care for your Pokémon. It's ambiguous to the viewer as to whether Paul learns his lesson.

chimchar evolve twice in a matter of a few episodes? lol i dont thnk they will do that. but the verbal smack down is gonna happen.

Years
    If Satoshi were to obtain a Goukazaru it would probably be in the filler arc we'd presumably have after the Sinnoh League to show off the Platinum Battle Frontier. I'd be fine with Hikozaru evolving into a Moukazaru and staying there or even remaning at its current evolutionary stage, though. =/

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years

I could see that with one change:

Paul is down to 3 pokemon. He sends out Chimchar. Paul mocks him for still having Chimchar on his team. Torterra takes Chimchar to the brink, who then evolves into Monferno, and takes out Torterra. Paul sends out Magmortar, who takes out most of monferno's remaining energy before falling. Paul's final pokemon is Electivire. In a battle, all seems lost, but Chimchar is intent on showing Paul that he IS strong, and Blaze kicks in, allowing Monferno to severly damage Electivire with a fire attack, and then kicks in with it's newly learned Mach Punch attack. After this attack, Electivire sends a Thunder attack at Monferno, who falls to the ground before the attack reaches him, panting, and then evolves into Infernape. Brock chimes in saying Chimchar must've had a fear of evolving, but had always been high enough to evolve, Ash orders him to use Mach Punch to avoid the Thunder, and Infernape starts glowing as he charges, while Electivire readies a Thunder Punch. The smoke clears from the explosion made from the colliding attacks to Electivire fainted, and Brock yet again, chiming in saying that Infernape must have learned Flare Blitz.

Back