• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Total noob needs help to setup Dynamic Pokemon Expansion.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2023
    Hello,
    I am currently trying to start a project by installing all the "essentials" for Fire Red hacking.
    I'm habing trouble at the very beginning (lol) when trying to install DPE for my rom.
    First of all, i can't seem to run the 'make.py' script. It opens up and closes instantly in Python 3.9.
    Second of all, even if i try to run the script through cmd.exe, it tells me it couldn't find "BPRE0.gba" in the master file, even though i put my BPRE0.gba file in the root of DPE.

What am i doing wrong ?

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    If you open it in the scripts directory it won't find it. You have to open cmd in the project root and run python scripts//make.py

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2023
    If you open it in the scripts directory it won't find it. You have to open cmd in the project root and run python scripts//make.py
    Okay, I started cmd in the master folder of DPE with my ROM and i ran python scripts//make.py after changing the offset to 800000 (where i want the data to go).
    When I press enter, it looks like it's doing something for like half a second and then nothing happens. I don't get the offsets.ini nor test.gba files...

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Okay, I started cmd in the master folder of DPE with my ROM and i ran python scripts//make.py after changing the offset to 800000 (where i want the data to go).
    When I press enter, it looks like it's doing something for like half a second and then nothing happens. I don't get the offsets.ini nor test.gba files...

Reinstall python, and make sure to check "Add to path"

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2023
    So i reinstalled Python 3.9.0 (dunno if the version's a problem),double checked that i had ticked "Add to path", and I still have the same issue ; no test.gba nor offsets.ini files appear..
    Here's a screenshot of what i have going on right now : https://imgur.com/NNnGeUc
    :(

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    So i reinstalled Python 3.9.0 (dunno if the version's a problem),double checked that i had ticked "Add to path", and I still have the same issue ; no test.gba nor offsets.ini files appear..
    Here's a screenshot of what i have going on right now : https://imgur.com/NNnGeUc
    :(

I don't know. Adding to path was the solution I did when i had this problem. Try 3.5 or try adding the environment variables to PATH manually
    Can you provide a video of the Whole process including the installation?

Last edited:
    Back