• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Trade to R/S/E/FR/LG?

RSL

RaikouSpecialLover
    Years
    Is it possible to transfer old Pokemon with old moves, old natures, old attacks, and old items to the 3rd generation games?
    Also, is it 100% confirmed that when you transfer a Pokemon to D/P, you cannot get it back?

mrplanters

The new meaning of legend
    Years
    Yes you can transfer your old pokemon to your ds games. And when you transfer a pokemon to D/P the only way to get is it to catch it in some kind of park.

Blastoise

Der Lufthausen
    Years
    While that's true, Planters, that's not what was asked. Raikou wanted to know if you could get those Pokemon BACK from the D/P games. And the answer to that is...no one knows yet, but most likely, no.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Since the third generation was incompatible with the GBC you cannot trade older pokemon (metal/color gens) into them.
    And it is 100% comfirmed that from 3rd to 4th gen is a one-way transfer.

Years
    It's not confirmed yet, as listed on serebii.net. I'm sure it is a one way since there is a special way that you have to trade because the DS and GBA can not physically link up.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Seriously?!
    I sure hope so! Just cause I say it was true doesnt mean I want it that way. But Im pretty sure they said transfer

v:"to convey or remove from one place, person, etc., to another"

...All we can do is hope...
    And send in a test pokemon to pal park and see if hes still in the 3rd gen game :D

Eevee77

Mew Trainer -I love my mew mew
    Years
    I read that you can upload only 6 Pokemon from Advance Games. Basically you insert your Gameboy Advance game into the DS slot at the bottom and insert Pokemon Diamond/Pearl in the regular slot. You can now upload 6 Pokemon from the GBA game. Only six per day and only six per game.

Does anyone know if you can actually trade Pokemon between Pearl and Diamond the regular way? (As is trading not uploading) It would be kind of strange if we could only upload only 6 Pokemon between Diamond and Pearl games too.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Im pretty sure theres normal Wireless trading between D/P. But as for the transferrals, its six-a-day, but as many days as you want.

Oh yeah, WELCOME TO PC!!!

Eevee77

Years
    Thanks for the welcome #1 Latias. I read these forum topics all the time but never joined until now. 6 Pokemon per day for as many days as you want doesn't sound too bad but 6 Pokemon per game cartridge wouldn't be too great. You would have to have 5 pokemon advance game cartridges if you wanted to upload 30 of your old Pokemon. Hmm. I guess this is where the Wi-Fi connection comes in handy with all that online trading.

I'm going to choose my favorites to upload into Pearl/Diamond I suppose.

Fiifi

Water Trainer
    Years
    i think it works like pokemon BOX (CUT and PASTE).it upload your old pokemon from your R/S/E/FR/LG pc poke slot from 1 to 30 and then put it in D/P pc slot

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    i think it works like pokemon BOX (CUT and PASTE).it upload your old pokemon from your R/S/E/FR/LG pc poke slot from 1 to 30 and then put it in D/P pc slot

Um, NO, it involves going to a Park and hunting them down again.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    yes, but it's 6 per game for each day. meaning you can trade 6x5= 30 a day if you have all the GBA games.

i think that's quite fair.

Dingbat

Cacnea is AWESOME.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 7, 2023
    The Park Balls have a 100% catch rate, so if you find them, you catch them.

Fiifi

Water Trainer
    Years
    Yeh but it can't be that hard.

I DID NOT SAY IT WAS HARD!.JUST DON`T LIKE THE IDEA OF THE WHOLE THING.(CATCHING MY OWN POKEMON AGING)AND IF YOUR POKEMON WAS LEVEL100 IN R/S/E/FR/LG WOULD IT HAVE THE SAME LEVEL IN THE PARK WHEN YOU UPLOAD THEM TO D/P?

Eevee77

Years
    I don't know if it would have the same level after an upload. It should. Maybe after a while they'll come up with another Pokemon Box type thing so then it'll be easier to transfer. In the meantime I guess we're going to have to recapture our pokemon...I wonder who's bright idea that was.

Bippa

I'M NOT A BEGINNING TRAINER!
    Years
    Is it possible to transfer old Pokemon with old moves, old natures, old attacks, and old items to the 3rd generation games?
    Also, is it 100% confirmed that when you transfer a Pokemon to D/P, you cannot get it back?
    First Question: No. Sorry.
    2nd Question: You can catch it in the Pal Park. It's like the Safari Zone except the Pokemon you traded over is in there. The balls are practically Master Balls (100% catch rate) so if you find it, basically, you have it.

Bippa

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    I don't know if it would have the same level after an upload. It should. Maybe after a while they'll come up with another Pokemon Box type thing so then it'll be easier to transfer. In the meantime I guess we're going to have to recapture our pokemon...I wonder who's bright idea that was.

they did that because considering the technology, you can't really remove pokemon from a GBA file to a DS. the only way you'd be able to "transfer" pokemon is to make a copy of the data and allow it to be readable in the format of a DS game. so they instead made it seem like you are just making visitations to your old pokemon rather that you are TWO DIFFERENT trainers in each cartridge. it's practible, but i won't lie: i'm not too fond of having to wait around for my precious espeon to show up XD.

and to those of you who refer to your level 100 pokemon: how in the world did you get them to level 100? lol, the closest i could ever get to that is my level 91 espeon and 89 salamence (that thing goes up levels quite easily).

Back