• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen "Trading" Evolution

JonnyPhoenyx

Steel Trainer and Proud
    Years
    Hey there guys,
    I have a Kadabra and an Onix on my Diamond version. I want them to evolve, but I don't have the pearl version or any friends who play this game (so I can't ask them). Can I trade with Ruby to make them evolve without having the national dex? And if so, if I trade them back will they still obey me since they were originally mine? I want a Stellix and an Alakazam bad! Can anyone help me out?

Sekushi Sushi*

Roses are red, I love you!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2008
    And you cant put anything from diamond to any previous generation, only import to this generation.

Amp

This is crazy.
    Years
    However, there is a trick!!!!

There's a glitch in the GTS that's excellent for those that need to be traded to evolve. Here's how it goes:
    1. log into the GTS
    2. offer whatever pokemon you need to evolve. Say it's Kadabra. Make sure the offer ocnditions are something nuts,s o that no one iwllt ake your Kadabra. I personally like to go with Dialga/Palkia at level 10 and under.
    3. Next, surf the GTS for a trade. This is easiest to do with crud pokemon like Bidoof. Usually, you'll find someone offering a Bidoof for a Ponyta or something.
    4. Make that trade.
    5. Take your Kadabra back from the offering section, and it'll evolve!

I PROMISE this works. I've gotten a Scizor, Gengar, and Alakazam doing this nifty trick.

Mikoliah

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2012

There's a glitch in the GTS that's excellent for those that need to be traded to evolve. Here's how it goes:
    1. log into the GTS
    2. offer whatever pokemon you need to evolve. Say it's Kadabra. Make sure the offer ocnditions are something nuts,s o that no one iwllt ake your Kadabra. I personally like to go with Dialga/Palkia at level 10 and under.
    3. Next, surf the GTS for a trade. This is easiest to do with crud pokemon like Bidoof. Usually, you'll find someone offering a Bidoof for a Ponyta or something.
    4. Make that trade.

I PROMISE this works. I've gotten a Scizor, Gengar, and Alakazam doing this nifty trick.
    \

as soon as i figure out what you just said im gonna try that and you deserve an award

i just tried it with Manchamp it worked like a champ

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2009
    Cool! I'll have to try that. Trading evolutions aren't very fair alot of people (like me), but I'll have to try that. There should be a person making that sort of trade all the time, so people can do that!

lostprophetsown

chatot,lucario and lance lover
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013

1. log into the GTS
    4. Make that trade.

lol i dont quite get this??? ill try doing wat ur saying....
    soz bout going OT but its not possible to trade from diamond/pearl to older generation games sorry about that

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2016
    I will translate from the world spelling errors their.

1. Put up a pokemon that needs to trade evovle for trade on Global Trade System
    - Make sure no one would be stupid enough to trade for by making it an outrageous trade.
    2. Log on to Global Trade System, Look a trade that you can do I.E. Bidoof for Ponyta (easy trade).
    3. trade them
    4. Take your Kadabra off the offering board. It should evovle.

I dont even have a DS guys and I understand how to do this.
    Wish I did have a ds though.

Amp

This is crazy.
    Years
    I will translate from the world spelling errors their.

1. Put up a pokemon that needs to trade evovle for trade on Global Trade System
    - Make sure no one would be stupid enough to trade for by making it an outrageous trade.
    2. Log on to Global Trade System, Look a trade that you can do I.E. Bidoof for Ponyta (easy trade).
    3. trade them
    4. Take your Kadabra off the offering board. It should evovle.

I dont even have a DS guys and I understand how to do this.
    Wish I did have a ds though.

Yeah, nice spelling there.:laugh:

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
    If you want a Steelix, you can catch them in the wild on Diamond, and I am pretty sure you can on Peearl too oO

Back