• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trading

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Trading

It was mentioned in the trailer, and it's an arguably essential part of the franchise.

Do you think we'll see the implementation of trading in GO - if so, when? Would you even like to see it released now?

Why do you suppose they left it out in the initial release?

Last edited:
    Years
    I don't remember where but I'm pretty sure Niantic has said trading is coming in the future 100%.

Yes. Niantic has repeatedly said that they see trading as a gigantic part of Pokemon Go.

Why was it not in the initial release?

I dunno, but I'm kinda glad it wasn't what with all the bugs that were already present. I think they had bit off enough to chew, especially with the unprecedented reception of the game. Give 'em time. It'll happen.

Years
    I dunno, but I'm kinda glad it wasn't what with all the bugs that were already present. I think they had bit off enough to chew, especially with the unprecedented reception of the game. Give 'em time. It'll happen.

I agree. Give it time. We're already enjoying the heck out of this game. If newer features come out bit by bit that will give the game more life and longevity and that's what I'm hoping for. So I can wait for trading to come whenever it does. I just wonder how they'll do it. It makes sense to be able to trade with people nearby, but will there be a GTS-like system?

Years
    I agree. Give it time. We're already enjoying the heck out of this game. If newer features come out bit by bit that will give the game more life and longevity and that's what I'm hoping for. So I can wait for trading to come whenever it does. I just wonder how they'll do it. It makes sense to be able to trade with people nearby, but will there be a GTS-like system?

I think that P2P battles and Trading will likely involve a lot of the same programming. For that matter, they may be introduced at the same time.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    I think that P2P battles and Trading will likely involve a lot of the same programming. For that matter, they may be introduced at the same time.
    I was thinking that too. It would just make sense to release the ability to trade and battle at the same time, given I'm sure the mechanics would be somewhat similar. What I wonder is how they're going to implement the trading and battling system.

I'd really much rather have the traditional trading/battling between two people that we've always seen in the other games, but GO does have its own spin on things.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2016
    I think they first wanted to verify that the server holds the traffic, what apparently is not the case xD

Chuck Palahniuk

ten question marks
    Years
    I think the game is honestly still in beta. They couldn't hold back on releasing it because if they did, all the kids playing would be back in school, s they released a largely buggy, incomplete game. Not that it isn't awesome, that's just how things are. I think trading will be implemented in the future, I'm also honestly hoping for a friend list type thing as well. So you can trade with your friends and things. I'll be disappointed if a wondertrade type system was introduced (plus it would overload the servers) but one on one trading would warm my heart.

Back