• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Battle✓] Trainer Battles Not Working

Jessler

PidgeyFox
Years
  • [Pokeemerald] Before I start this off, I'd like to make it clear that I have made a lot of changes to my project (namely Dizzy's battle engine). That being said, one change I did evidently broke Trainer battles, and I can't quite figure out what happened. Instead of entering battle like normal, it simply plays the intro, cuts back to the overworld, and repeats. This means being seen by a Trainer immediately enters an infinite loop.

Where should I start trying to fix this? I've been trying all day and I just got tired of scouring through files upon files with no idea where I went wrong. If anybody has experienced this or even knows where I should start, it would be much appreciated!

EDIT: Fixed! When I tried to stop the Zigzagoon battle from triggering, I accidentally changed the wrong line and prevented Trainer battles instead. Hope this helps someone else :)

Last edited:
    Back