• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trainer making a comeback

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2017
    Hi there,

I am returning to the world of Pokemon!
    The last game I played was the first Pokemon White which was... 5 years ago?

I've just ordered a copy of Pokemon Sun and I was wondering if there's anything I should know before I start? Is there anything new? Mechanics of the game? I still collect the cards so I know most of the new Pokemon.
    (No major storyline spoilers, please :) )

Is online gaming necessary? I've never used it before but most people seem to use it now.

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
    Years
    If you are a new or returning player after a long time, you will have a blast on the first island, which is basically a tutorial kind of thing with actual story. If you are an active player who knows all the basic things with a few advanced tricks, then you might now find it that fun, but since your coming back after 5 years, welcome. The game is pretty simple and straightforward, with th first island helping you. There shouldn't really be anything diffuicult. And yes, the internet plays a huge part in the game. You can use the GTS(Gloabl Trade Center) to get pokemon from random players across the world. You can battle pleyers online like never before.Now I'm sounding like a game commercial, but you understand right? Just a new features and pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2017
    If you are a new or returning player after a long time, you will have a blast on the first island, which is basically a tutorial kind of thing with actual story. If you are an active player who knows all the basic things with a few advanced tricks, then you might now find it that fun, but since your coming back after 5 years, welcome. The game is pretty simple and straightforward, with th first island helping you. There shouldn't really be anything diffuicult. And yes, the internet plays a huge part in the game. You can use the GTS(Gloabl Trade Center) to get pokemon from random players across the world. You can battle pleyers online like never before.Now I'm sounding like a game commercial, but you understand right? Just a new features and pokemon.

Sounds like the first island may be quite helpful for me then to get a hang of new things. I've heard that you can access your EV stats now so that will be interesting to see!
    Looks like online is the way to go. I'll hopefully get used to it quickly, I'll use Sun for practice with online stuff. I'm going to get Ultra Moon when it comes out (since I picked Sun this time) so I'll be better online by then.

Back