• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Training High Level Pokemon

Michiko

One of my friends asked me to battle him, and i agreed. But he has Pokemon level 90, and mine are only in the 70s. If he wins, he gets to chose any Pokemon out of my Box to keep. Can anyone give me any tips on training my Pokemon from the 70s to the 90s?
    Also, the battle is in 6 days, so i don't have long to train

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Yes, unless you have six projects to do for school, six days is more than enough to train 20 levels. Also, if you don't mind, what is your team? If you post it in the Movesets forum, we can help you improve it so that it'll have a good chance of beating your friend's team.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Absent

Absent > You
    Years
    Or, if you don't really want to train, you can transfer all your Pokemon (except your party Pokemon) to a different game cartridge, fill all of your boxes with a bunch of Wurmple or something, and then it won't matter if you lose or not.

Just my two cents.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    You can also carry a Pick Up Pokemon with you to find Rare Candy as you train, doubly speeding up the process. Wait until you just level up before you use one, otherwise you'll waste a bit of time growing half a level then Rare Candying to the next one.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2006
    i've had my ruby for 2 days (on vba) and i already have metagross at lvl 53... not hard, just work on the elite 4 or victory road... or buy lots of protiens, etc.

just find your friend's weekness of his pokemon and teach your pokemon multiple kinds of moves...

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Ummmm, please don't cheat. There is no satisfaction in winning if you had to cheat to do it, especially if your opponent finds out about it. That isn't what this game is about.

If you have Emerald, the fastest way to gain Exp (besides stuffing your Pokes full of the candies), is to battle Gabby & Ty (the reporter and cameraman) that move around from Route 111 to Route 118 to Route 120). Put a high level Poke with EQ in the lead with the Poke you want to level up in the second slot, holding Exp Share. Start the battle, select EQ with the first Poke, and then switch out your second Poke with a different Poke that is either part Flying-type or has Levitate, holding an Amulet Coin. EQ will OHKO Maggie and seriously (if not fatally) damage Exploud. Attack again, if necessary, to win the battle. Now, since your second Poke was holding the Exp Share and then switched out, it will get 75% (1664 Exp points) of all Exp earned during that battle, while your first Poke and replacement Poke end up splitting the remaining 25% (554 Exp points). Not only that, but since your replacement Poke was holding the Amulet Coin, you get twice the money for winning (5760 Pokebucks). Now consider that you can do that an infinite number of times, and you don't have to wait for the game to reset to go anywhere, the way you have to at the E4. Overall it gives you more Exp and more money in the same amount of time.

As for your team, as AB suggested, please post your team (and your opponent's if you know it) in the Moveset forum and we can assist you in how to create your team and give you strategy on how to beat your opponent.

Ignatious

Sannin of the Ryuu clan
    Years
    a team of 70s can EASY beat a team of 90 if u have the following:
    1) knowledge of when to switch pokemon out
    2) knowledge of which attacks to teach which pokemon
    3) PROPER EV TRAINING!

Demonta

Jem Juggler
    Years
    It took me 2 days of training to get a latios from lvl 50 to lvl 100.

You should have noooo problems beating him if you just keep going through the leauge.

sunny99

Sanin of the Darkness Clan
    Years
    take out the elite 4 and rebattle the trainer who r worth battling but i train my pokemon in FR since its easier, and try to find out what pokemon he has and take them out by weakness.

if u win, take his pokemon and release it and see if he gets mad, just kidding, don't do that

Ultimate_Evil

AKA UchihaRyuu
    Years
    ignatious has a point, but that doesnt mean that you cant still train them. make sure that you know weaknesses and strenghts. also make sure your pokemon know good moves

Back