• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Training: Tedious, or fun?

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    EV training is fun, especially since everyone around me only does LV50s.

The tedious bit is the egg hatching and IV calculation process...

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    No. I really can't be bother. I mean, why can't all Pokemon be captured evolved, and a high level? tsk tsk tsk. Oh, and I never EV train, and if I did, I would have crushed my DS long time ago.

Drapion

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2009
    Depends on the pokemon, if it's a pokemon I like then it's fun, if not, it's dull :P

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    i will find it fun if i'm training for an evolution to up my dex, recently i trained up gible, larvitar and bagon to there final forms by grinding with the elit 4 but i cant stand grinding to get to a high level to beat the elite four at the beginning of the game :(

joelogs

region Explorer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    EV training is kind of a hassle for me cause you have to run away to some wild pokemon if you want a certain stat of develop well. On the other hand, just for leveling up it's kind of sweet for me to level increase no matter the stats look. It worth the effort of training.

PlatinumDawnFtw

Vocaloid fan~
    Years
    I normally avoid extra training unless I'm REALLY BORED.

I quit competitive battling because I couldn't stand EV training, let alone IV breeding, but that's water under the bridge.

Years
    I like the training part of the game. Why be a Pokémon TRAINER if you don't get into it. That's why I don't get the appeal of Shoddy since you don't actually put in the work to build your team.

Omega Saikon

The Highest Power
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2015
    Tedious and fun at the same time.

Exp. Share/first in line-up + Lvl. 1 Pokémon + Elite Four is the only exception.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    I train hard core, but I do find it tedious. I prefer battling my firends or partaking in contest to training, but i know its a needed part of our lifestyle as trainers.

joehat

Yay
    Years
    I don't mind it. It's easier in Platinum since most trainers have stronger Pokemon that give more EXP than in DP. I think it's worth it when you hatch a Pokemon and take it all the way from level 1 to 100. It's definitely fun and rewarding.

I finally found a Lucky Egg after Thieving about 25 Chansey's (my friend got one on his first try GRR), so that definitely helps. Not to mention I also migrated quite a few Pokemon over from my Leaf Green, so that + Lucky Egg definitely helps with training.

When you get the end result, it's worth it IMO.

The Amazing Scizor

The Traveller
    Years
    I enjoy it. By the time I'm training seriously competitive pokemon, I have it down to an art. It doesn't take me very long at all to raise them to high levels, and I enjoy seeing the pwn enemies along the way. :D

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    its rather fun to me. I do it so much now that is easy and a faster process.

Roxas92

I HEAR The FEAR In Your VOICE.
    Years
    Eeehh. Depends on how Im feeling.
    Like if im training, and I KNOW im gonna get a rather BEAST Pokemon, then YEAH its fun cause the entire time you cant wait to just PWN n00bs with it later on.
    But once it gets to a high level its a pain -_-;
    Training them when theyre really low is fun until it gets to a high level.
    Then I get the urge to stab my DS in the face. Thats not good.

Back