• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen training tips

Years
    I'm introducing a method of training that I've been using since I could access island 7. It's not the most effective thing for EV training, but it helps when trying to evolve pkmn for pokedex, when you're trying to raise money and when you're training pokemon up to level one hundred, but, it does get kinda boring after a while...
    What you need:
    -VS Seeker
    -Exp. Share
    -Access to Island 7
    -Fire, Ice, Flying or Psychic pokemon, level 60-100
    -Amulet Coin (optional)
    -Quick Claw (optional)

From the town on Seven Island, head south, into Canyon Entrance, right before the path that takes you up to Sevault Canyon, there are two PKMN Rangers. The male has 2 Victreebell @ level 55 (after beating him several times, I forget the base level), the female has 2 Vileplume, same level, there is also a patch of groun with no grass on it, making it easy to run around without running into battles which saves you money. But don't forget to head back to pokemon centers and make sure your pokemon is the fastest lest be paralyzed or put to sleep...

Trust me on this call guys, my charizard is at level 100, my alakazam is at level 100, my dewgong is at level 100, most of my pokemon were evolved here, and I got rich off of these two.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    There's a set of stronger trainers actually. Well, they both have five Pokemon, but they're not all at level 55. Instead, they're 51-56 (after one or two times). But since both trainers have 5 Pokemon, the EXP totaled up is more than the two you mentioned.

Head past the aforementioned trainers into Sevault Canyon. Keep going until you reach a house with a man and a Chansey inside. There will be two trainers outside the house pacing around.

Leroy
    ~~~~~
    Rhydon - 52
    Slowbro - 54
    Kangaskhan - 52
    Machamp - 52
    Ursaring - 55

Michelle
    ~~~~~
    Persian - 53
    Dewgong - 53
    Ninetales - 54
    Rapidash - 54
    Girafarig - 56

Dragonite Tamer

I'll never leave you behind.
    Years
    I always train where Simon said. If you talk to the man with the chansey he will ask you if you want to dance the chansey dance. If you say yes then your Pokemon will be healed.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    There's a set of stronger trainers actually. Well, they both have five Pokemon, but they're not all at level 55. Instead, they're 51-56 (after one or two times). But since both trainers have 5 Pokemon, the EXP totaled up is more than the two you mentioned.

Head past the aforementioned trainers into Sevault Canyon. Keep going until you reach a house with a man and a Chansey inside. There will be two trainers outside the house pacing around.

Leroy
    ~~~~~
    Rhydon - 52
    Slowbro - 54
    Kangaskhan - 52
    Machamp - 52
    Ursaring - 55

Michelle
    ~~~~~
    Persian - 53
    Dewgong - 53
    Ninetales - 54
    Rapidash - 54
    Girafarig - 56
    Those are the trainers I always train against and whenever I need to heal I just go inside the house and dance the chansey dance and I always use the amulet coin and buy drugs for the money I earn.

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    i'm also leveling up vs these victrebel n vileplume because its simple. just use the move their weak (ground, flying, pschic fire, ice) and heal if your pp depleted to zero

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    ups i forgot, sorry.well they are poison so at least its still normal damage.

Years
    The two cooltrainers are the ones i fight xD

I think i the best thing to do, is have the pokemon youre raising on you with exp share. A high level rayquazza , and loads of meowths xD ** pick up ability **

just use outrage continuslly on the trainers pokemon, then when it gets confused and hurts itself, it is bound to snap out of it . so when the battle ends, you can heal him (( or give it a perism berry, the ones that cures confusion in a battle ))
    I have beat the leasgu 64 times, @_@

Crazy Frogitist

Its Only a PREVIEW
    Years
    Seto_girl said:
    The two cooltrainers are the ones i fight xD

I think i the best thing to do, is have the pokemon youre raising on you with exp share. A high level rayquazza , and loads of meowths xD ** pick up ability **

just use outrage continuslly on the trainers pokemon, then when it gets confused and hurts itself, it is bound to snap out of it . so when the battle ends, you can heal him (( or give it a perism berry, the ones that cures confusion in a battle ))
    I have beat the leasgu 64 times, @_@

u shouldn't use outrage since its a dragon type (use any super effective moves) the raising pkmn shouldn't hold exp share it suppose to be in battle and hold macho brace and u shouldn't use a berry on raquazzy use the berry on berry crush or something like berry blinder(since berry blinding is in r/s/e)

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    >_> Almost everything you just said is like...the opposite of the good way.

The attack you use wouldn't matter: it's in-game. All in-game trainers suck anyway. The Pokemon holding the Exp. Share wouldn't have any problems, even with EVs since it'll get EVs as well. As for the berry part: Berries > PokeBlocks/Berry Powder in terms of usefulness in battling.

Crazy Frogitist

Its Only a PREVIEW
    Years
    :dead:
    Simon said:
    >_> Almost everything you just said is like...the opposite of the good way.

The attack you use wouldn't matter: it's in-game. All in-game trainers suck anyway. The Pokemon holding the Exp. Share wouldn't have any problems, even with EVs since it'll get EVs as well. As for the berry part: Berries > PokeBlocks/Berry Powder in terms of usefulness in battling.

not EVERYTHING!!! :dead: with exp share it gives a normal pkmn's evs with macho brace it doubles :( (i think every1 knows that) pokeblocks can't use in battle :P u can use it to envolve feebas 4 ur dex :dead: u can use powders to trade healing items and drugs and pp ups without buying them (u need berries and u can't pp ups :P )

Back