• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Training

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Where is the best place that YOU train your pokemon team in FireRed/LeafGreen, either for the Elite 4 or just to get stronger?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • When I train for the E4, I usually just use Victory Road. After that...I don't really play a lot. My FireRed used to be a storage game, but when it was, I never played. I don't really have anyone to battle, so there was no point in training anything up and migrating it.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Speaking of Victory Road, what HMs will I need? I forget -.-

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • You'll need Surf to get in, but the only thing you'll need inside Victory Road is Strength.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • My Pokemon are usually at decent levels when I fight the E4, but I buy enough healing items in order to PP stall if I have any difficulties. XD; After fighting the E4, I'll use the VS Seeker or go back to Indigo Plateau. Even if I get my butt kicked, I still find it more efficient for EXP.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2009
    Try on Sevi Island South, they are easy pick`n and level you up quick, specially the chanse that one trainer has.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2009
    yeah just see how far u can get facing the E4 without healing ur party will get EXP in no time

Years
  • Actually I always train at One Island outside of Ember Spa. Great place for training Flying and Psychic types and you get to heal your Pokemon at the Ember Spa.

*Note: Walking into the Ember Spa to heal your pokemon and walking out to its entrance can recharge you VS Seeker, so after you finish battling them just run in to heal and run out and you can use you VS seeker again.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    Before the E4, I train at Victory Road, but after, Cerulean cave is a great thing.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • For the E4 I Train near Mt Ember but afterwards I train either 7th Island and/or the levelled up trainers on cycling road.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • i usually train at victory road before the elite 4 to make sure all of my pokemon are at the same levels, i also make sure i always have 6 pokemon for the elite 4

Years
  • One of my main places to train were the Ladies at Resort Gorgeous on Island 5. Just for a quick money maker and bonus xp. XD Before the E4 I'd just train at Victory Road (shock). But I traded them over to Colo and did the high leveled comps there for quick xp before trading them back, for some reason it was much more entertaining that way. XD

Back