• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Travelling Companions

Ducklighter

Throw caution to the wind.
Years
  • I have mustering on a finally posting a thread that would be interesting and not done already but as you can see, almost every topic is done (forgive me if it's already done.). Basically, I was wondering who you would pair up together as travelling companions with or without Ash. Like combine three or four of your favourite characters and explain why they would be good together and how they contribute to the series.

For me, it would be a hard decision since I loved alot of the companions that travelled the regions but I really enjoyed Tracey. His addition, even though wasn't long added a really interesting and fun experience for me. I've always thought that Tracey was a great character. He was experienced, calm and obviously talented. His transferable skills could've provided a long stay for him in the team because there wasn't essentially an end point for him, per se. He enjoyed sketching Pokemon and he would've or could've decided to stay with Ash and the group to meet new Pokemon to sketch and such.

My second choice would be May. I've always enjoyed her and personality was a refreshing addition to the cast for me. I thought she had alot more to offer, especially since her at the beginning, her desires were to become a trainer. I would've loved to have seen her try and tackle both dreams. I would place her as the main character of the travelling companions, trying to be both a trainer and a coordinator.

My third choice would be Barry. I don't know how others feel about him but he was his character just amused me alot. Throughout his D/P appearances, he just made me love him more and more. Also, I enjoyed the realism of his character. I hadn't seen a blonde male character (that I can remember right now) for a while and he just seems perfect for a role as a travelling companion.

I always loved the idea for a fourth companion with a different goal besides battling gyms or entering contests. Much like Brock/Cilan, a Breeder/Connoisseur addition would be awesome. Although, I would love the male:female ratio to be even. I would definitely go with Burgundy. She's got that rookie feeling about her that shows that she's got a long way to develop into a great Connoisseur.

So my travelling companions wishlist would be Tracey, May, Barry and Burgundy.

That was a mouthful xD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    I pretty much liked them all to a degree, there's something to like and dislike about all of them.

My favorites from best to least:

Cilan
    May
    Brock
    Misty
    Dawn
    Iris
    Max
    Tracey

I would have liked to see Cilan travel with Dawn and May, it would be funny.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    My only wishlist is the return of Brock and that Blue or Leaf joins them.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I'm just going to be recent since Best Wishes is here and now and say Bianca, Stephan, and Luke. Cause if I recall correctly after the Don Tournament in Nimbasa Town they left together, so I thought to myself that seems like it would be a nice traveling cast.

Bianca - Could be involved with Musicals, dress up stuff, and of course battling. Then she could also say how cute Stephans pokemon like are like when she did it too Sawk at the last Don George tour.

Stephan - The main battler of the bunch, he takes part in the most battles of course and his pokemon are more showcased in battle settings.

Luke - He doesn't really need to battle that much since he can just film stuff. And his Zorua could be chased by Bianca like at the first Don Tournament xD.

I really can't say much about the whole dynamics since we only get to see them briefly ever so often, but I think it would make for an interesting team.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • There's a huge pool of characters to choose from. And I agree with the Male/Female ratio. That's one of the things that's always bugged me. );

Bianca - One of the only females who actually traveled around to get badges. I love her personality as well so it would actually be really fun. She'd probably be the 'Ash' of the group.

Khoury - The wannabe-breeder from Sinnoh. Although we never learnt an awful lot about him I liked him. Although we've already had a breeder, Brock was quite experienced with Pokemon and such. Khoury isn't. I'd like to seem him develop from a rookie to a proper breeder who knows as much as Brock.

May - I really, really etc liked her character. For me; one of the best characters. Her personality would clash wit Bianca's IMO and that would make for some good episodes. Plus she can compete in contests and maybe musicals.

Even though I said I wanted the ratio to be the same; we've never had a group where the female numbers dominate the males. So yeah... :x

Years
  • I just gotta go hands down with Misty and Brock. These two were iconic, they interacted well as a group, and they were Ash's two best friends. More people remember and give attention to them than any of the others. More speculation about the roles and opportunities they would have should they ever return happens than with any other characters. The haters can say all they want, but that's the honest truth.

Back