• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trials of Reluctance (PG-13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaac Gravity

Supports hot-bloodedness
    Years
    Disclaimer- I don?t own Pokemon or anything else

Chapter warnings: Language to a point
    ----------
    (Mt. Chimney path)

When Sceptile attempted to pick itself up it was brought it to its knees by a blue ball of electricity that soared down from behind.

No one had the time or actual bearings at the moment to fully contemplate the situation as another, slightly larger ball of electricity which bared the same color as the last landed in a position that could theorized by the overly suspicious that it was aimed for May yet missed its mark and made impact somewhere in between her, Mia, Gentaro and Sceptile.

The strength of the blast wasn?t anything that would create massive blood loss or lose a limb or two over thankfully; the blast did however, throw everyone a few feet back from their original location and did give a slight sensation of numbness throughout various parts of the body.

Even in an insolent environment like this, all the electric charges being adding into the atmosphere was a blissful moment for the Magneton. Each one of the three-in-one Magnemite fusions found each of their magnets pulsating freely with weak jolts of electricity.
    One of the more curious, or better to say: greedy Magneton actually broke from the obsessive formation that it and its fellow Steel hybrids made around Lightning to get closer to point of the impact only to leak a greater amount of electricity around May.

Needless to say, these acts only further aggravated the fatigued Lightning and Tsunami, but it only came to a surprise to them when they noticed that the remaining trio of Magneton who remained around Lightning began to expand their hovering space just enough to circle around Tsunami as well.
    While they pulled their unobstructed expansion off, the electric charges being leaked out of their magnets increased polarities to chain together and form a small field which successfully trapping the two.

It wasn?t long until Tsunami and Lightning came to notice the flash of a clear glass-like Reflect and the equally glass-like clear and yellow Light Screen meld itself along with the field to create a very sturdy barrier.

?Psh, angling is really off lately?? A rather relaxed male voice echoed within the mountainous terrain. ?Can?t even hit the red target and its not like she?s not going anywhere anytime soon.?

The seemingly out of nowhere comment that came from overhead.

The source of the voice?

A fellow who tried to make himself look superimposed while standing on top of a combined barrier formed by two Magneton that skillfully hovered into the area.

When the distance between him and the ground seemed pleasurable enough, he jumped from his foothold to make himself known to the group?s battered forms.

From closer observation, the fellow turned out to be a young male somewhere between the age of sixteen or seventeen and was clad in a neon blue leotard with a large yellow lightning bolt insignia on it. This supposedly was supposed to be some kind of combo costume getup if you count the same color boots and gloves he wore along with the very Power Ranger-esque helmet with the same insignia?

In any case, the guy took a look at the situation before him and shook his head lightly.

?Geez looks like those groundlings died in the midst of the blast? No money outta killing them?? The neon-clad fellow reasons.

The fellow shakes his head exasperatedly while gesturing his arms in a ?Darn the luck!? fashion during his walk towards May?s direction.

Laying flat on her back, May felt the chilled sensation of numbness run through her body. Despite that, the fingers on her right hand slowly contracted its hold on the badly damaged Alia, who she never once released her hold on.

?Ah? So, your not dead?? The fellow comments with a feral grin. It didn?t take him too long to realize that Mia was also starting to stir. As was Gentaro Masato, but from his stirred movements one could?ve sworn they heard squeaking and clanking going on in the process.

Unlike May, who recently recovered from hefty amount of injuries only to avoid her resting period and further get herself injured in her first visit to Mt. Chimney, Mia only had scratches and a minor bruise on her leg. Not only that, but she wasn?t as close to the point of impact as her chestnut-haired friend.

When the indigo-eyed 10-year-old managed to turn to take a peek at her friend she only took the expression of one who was about to scream out the name of one they care for fearfully.

The fellow skillfully brandishes a very bizarre pistol-like weapon at May that seemed to have its own visible miniature turbine situated within the barrel.

?Move anywhere near and the halfling dies.?

That day, over a few months ago? Even though Steven refused to clue her in on what put May in this condition; Alia, though not being their herself already had a good idea that May was a hunting game for a Crop Kids reaper.

Just the memory of that fierce topaz-eyed girl and the devastating power she and her ghost Pokemon were able to wield to vanquish Jill and her two Pokemon was something that burned itself into Mia?s subconscious? Just like every memory made when in the company of May Hiromi?

Jill and her friends were just some of those students who openly acted on their torment of Mia and there were times she wished that witch got a dose of her own medicine and then some? But? Even if her style of death was just what the doctor ordered, to witness such a scene at an age most would call ?innocent? is truly too much a toll for anyone.

?Guh! Better do what he says? Unless you haven?t ugh? noticed? That?s what many call a Crop Kids reaper?? Gentaro Masato calls out to Mia weakly. ?th-That?s unless? you really are nothing more than a lifeless little parasite that cannot do anything without a host??

?Didn?t realize we were gaining so much momentum in the mainstream.? The Reaper grins. ?But its good to see that not all groundlings are stupid aside from useless.?

Gentaro Masato grimaces a bit as he held tightly onto his inactive left arm with his right. The squeaking and clanking noises seemed to have amplified as the glasses wearing teen continued his bold attempt to at most sit up.

?? I?m no friend of theirs but at the same time? I?m definitely going to make you cry for you did to my Sceptile!?

The Reaper acknowledges the threat with a toothed grin.

?Pretty high and mighty aren?t we?? May was able to hiss much to the bizarrely dressed reaper?s intrigue. ?So this is where I?m supposed to beg for my life now? While making a heartened speech at what kind of hypocrite you are? for some cheap last ditch effort to save my own neck? ?Go to hell??

?May-san? what are you saying?? Was Mia?s response to the situation. A light ?Tch.? was from Gentaro Masato.

Tsunami herself didn?t really understand the parables her trainer was going on about but forced herself with what little strength she had to get on her feet regardless. With that chore done, the fowl Pokemon attempted to break through the barrier with a strong kick!

The only result from her strike was her own force being used against her as the barrier repelled her kick. Tsunami clumsily lost balance and fell on top of Lightning, who could only grow in frustration.

Tsunami struggled with all her might to get up but was fighting on borrowed fighting will long ago?

?Maybe if you were smarter you would?ve used what little is left is in your dulled abilities and become something worth the satisfying that drive inside you.? The reaper, who?s obviously an Experiment-X, scoffs. ?With my abilities I?m soaring past the groundlings in ranks and it?ll only be a matter of time till I?m too rich and powerful to give a rip about those losers? And you? You?re nothing more than another days debris that?s now food for the trash compactor.?

Not even caring about the glare the 13-year-old gave him, the reaper then snaps his fingers.

As a response to this, the Magneton who moved closer to May?s position earlier for more energy emits a strong amount of electricity. This sign gave clearance to the two Magneton that aided the reaper in creating his flashy entrance to come over and successfully ensnare May within a barrier.

Along with the three-steel hybrid barrier that contained Tsunami and Lightning; the six conjuring Magneton all slowly began to lift their prisms from the ground until they were freely able to levitate with them idly.

The reaper now decides to further his business by beginning his walk over to Gentaro, advising him to make good on making him cry.

?Making you cry?? The glasses wearing teen scoffs. ?You should be more worried about the concept of being a mortal? Crop Kid or no??

The reaper thought the 16-year-old was only trying to bluff his way out of a severe beating; however, it wasn?t until the unimaginable pain of something rather jagged jabbing itself into his calf that gave the meaning of ?being mortal? meant.

Her teeth clenched and eyed tightly shut, Mia put everything she had into slamming that stone into the back nonchalant reaper?s left leg.

Had she actually time to contemplate the situation she?d actually find it ironic that it was a stone of all things that was the portal that determined saving her best friend and her Pokemon.

But like it?s stated, that?s if she had time? Right now, Mia Stone was doing something very, very rare: Not thinking at all and acting upon her emotions.

It was through this obvious truth that would posses the 10-year-old to dig her fingers into the dirt while the reaper disregarded her existence to pull out the solidified mineral weapon and in a blind state of heightened adrenaline, slowly crawl behind him in his stride to pounce at him! Mustering all the strength a petite child in a near berserk state posses? into striking his calf with utmost fury.
    Even as we speak, Mia was putting all she could into grinding her new weapon against the screaming reaper?s flesh.

This didn?t sit too well with his Magneton, who were all so fixated on helping their master that they couldn?t hold the proper aligned charges to hold their barriers; thus, freeing the very weakened and injured May, Tsunami and Lightning.

Too much in pain to notice the world around him, the reaper shakily gripped his bizarre pistol-like weapon and just as shakily aimed it at the Mia.

Still not thinking, Mia stopped her prior attack to actually grab at the weapon with her hands, just to pull herself up a bit to bite the reaper?s arm. This time though, the reaper wasn?t as pain struck? More like pissed beyond belief?

The moment the indigo-eyed 10-year-old reached for her second attack; in all his mixture of pain and fury the reaper, with his free arm, punched her as hard as he could.

This easily threw Mia to the ground where she flinched lightly.

The Magneton all circled Mia threateningly. Each pulsating with more than enough electricity to render even the healthiest of hikers under cardiac arrest!

?You blasted little runt! I can?t believe a godd*mn groundling of all things got all up on me like that!!!? The reaper roared, aiming his bizarre pistol-like weapon at the downed child. ??I?m gonna kill you twice and make sure that every electrolyte in that halfling's body is fizzled out!?

Mia still wasn?t in-tuned enough to heed to the reaper?s threats. Her right cheek was swelled up with blood trickling down her lips, Mia could only mummer in-between coughs and hiccups: ?Give her back!? ??Let May-san go?? ?I won?t let my May-san down??

?ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME YOU STUPID- GAHH!!! SONVA!!!?

As his leg was wounded, the Magneton all came to the decision that it might be wise to retreat even if they could easily obliterate all of their foes with a grouped attack of some sort.

But how long till their master had until he might be forced to cut off that appendage? They couldn?t take that risk!

Three of the steel-hybrid Pokemon all synchronized their charges so they could successfully release maximum brightness from the HM evasive technique Flash.

When the field of vision was finally acceptable enough for ones eyes, Gentaro opened his eyes only to see his Sceptile?s assaulter along with his annoying three-way Magnemite fusion monsters were nowhere to be found?
    Only leaving behind any and all battle damaged afflicted as a reminder of their range of destruction.

The next thing he noticed was that those two ?pathetic? girls and their Pokemon were all out cold.

The glasses wearing teen managed to pick himself up despite the limpness of his left arm and the bizarre squeaking and clanking noises that followed whenever he moved.

He just recalled his K.Oed Sceptile to his Great Ball, saying something about May being a nuisance to all before going about his business.
    ------
    (The Next day)
    (Lavaridge Town. 3:05 PM)
    (Lavaridge Town Public Hot Springs. Female zone)

After a good number of weeks being closed off to the public; the reopening of Lavaridge?s hot springs was a feeling of returning normalcy for the residents of the mountain-based town after all the hardships they?ve overcome and must continue to deal with unwavering spirits?

Her body and hair wrapped around green towels; Mia Stone dips herself deeper into Lavaridge?s famed stress reliever while deluging deeper into her thoughts.
    A lot of them concerned May?s decision to double-back to Lavaridge despite her injuries. Mia quickly shoved that thought away when she came to remember how ravaged the area was and moving forward in their shape would prove greatly hazardous.

Her next thought was on that of Brendan and how upset he looked when she ran into him earlier? The usually kind boy didn?t even care to notice when she called out to him. Mia hoped he didn?t find out or was angry that she and May attempted to leave the area without even saying a goodbye?

Mia?s railroad of thought shifts gears to the memory of Jill?s slayer and the bizarrely dressed male that tried to do the same to May.

?May-san? She was very serious when she said had not been for me we all would?ve been killed?? The girl remised. ?She even claimed that even though Alia?s damages are very serious and going back to the source is the best idea I kept her patched up for this long so what makes me think I won?t be able to subside anymore minor problems for a while longer? Have I really become that useful to you May-san??

Though the 10-year-old positioned herself into the water just enough for her mouth to be overlapped, the hint of pink that tainted her non-bandaged cheek was proof enough of her swelling feelings of self-worth and pride.

Mia quickly rose up from the water to face Daigo the Ivysuar, Hiro the Treecko and Jenrya the Phanpy with a look of concern.

All three of them, not really the most pleased about the idea of entering such heated water (or water in general in Jenrya?s case) watched their trainer from the cobbled floor.

As for Sharky the Carvanha, a Pokemon given to her specifically to act as her bodyguard and her newest party member Nall the Zubat both were within their respective spherical containers as Nall, still with a broken wing and quite untamed, might gather unwanted attention to the more jumpy women in the public spring.
    Sharky was a bit more of a complex case? Though the barracuda Pokemon also runs that little fear factor for most women there, the real problem is that he might be enticed to jump into the hot spring himself? And the LAST THING Mia wants is for her fresh water fish Pokemon to be cooked alive, sharkskin or no sharkskin.

?I had no clue that Reflect and Light Screen could be used in such a manner?? Mia mutters. ?If those Magneton didn?t lose their concentration on the barriers then all would?ve been lost??

-----------
    (Flashback)

?Mia,? Mrs. Stone began thoughtfully. ?I understand how much you enjoy Maymay?s company but after what Steven told me?you might become a hindrance to her in all of this.?

?But I?m not!? Mia spat out, making her cover her mouth with both her hands as a reflex.

?You aren?t?? Mrs. Stone scrutinized. ?If you knew she had such fierce enemies Mia, what could you do??

(End Flashback)
    ----------

Daigo, Hiro and Jenrya watched the 10-year-old?s expression grow more and more contemplative.

As none of them were exactly out on the battlefield that day to witness the trouble, there wasn?t really much the trio could do on the matter? Not even Jenrya could think of a sarcastic mental quip to any of this.
    It actually surprised them to see Mia break from this state of mind to actually face them all with warm looks.

?All of you were a huge help when it came to carrying May-san and me through the shortcut Onii-chan showed us?? The indigo-eyed 10-year-old began. ?You?ve all become stronger and stronger from when we first started to travel around? I hope I?m still worthy of being called your trainer.?

So she wasn?t too far from that mode? All three confirmed with exasperated expressions. While Hiro decided to loaf around and Jenrya just positioned himself for a nap, Daigo decided to keep good on his self-proclaimed position of Mia?s top bodyguard.

This earned the Ivysuar some coddling and giggles from his trainer.

?The trips to the hot springs would have been boring if you three didn?t accompany me.? Mia smiles. ?I just wish May-san wasn?t so tired and could?ve joined us as well.?

?Perhaps your friend would like to bask in the sand bath the Inn I work at is known for?? A mature voice suggests from behind.

Mia couldn?t help but find herself jumping at this sudden newcomer no matter how friendly she sounded.

Well sure, there were many other females who varied in age within the hot spring but none of them were that close to the parameter Mia had ranged herself in. Nor did they bother to make their existence known to her.

The 10-year-old eventually catches her breath to turn and face the woman her Pokemon were staring at so exasperatedly?

The bleach-blonde caretaker of Flannery?s family inn who we know as Yuriko gave Mia a half apologetic, half inviting smile as she pressed her topic.
    ?I didn?t mean to surprise you but I don?t believe the ideals of feminine modesty can ever excuse over self-consciousness.? Yuriko reasons. ?But I think the same meaning must apply for you??

Mia considers this for a moment as she comes to notice that only a small percentage of females in the hot spring wore towels while the rest, like the busty Yuriko, were O?naturale.
    The 10-year-old without any reason or emotion climbs out of the spring with her Pokemon clearing the walkway for her.

?Y?know, its funny how obnoxiously prideful children can be just because they?re allowed Pokemon training clearance at the fragile age of ten.? The bleach-blonde spoke in a tone of announcement, successfully gaining the attention of many of the females (mostly elderly) in the spring. Each fully agreed with Yuriko?s statement.

Yuriko fed off the energy around her and continued her words quite smugly. ?Bullying has become quite a pressed topic nowadays considering how malicious children have become? Sure that bruise on your cheek will eventually go away but do you think its worth going to your grave over simple honor? Especially when they start using their status as trainers and their Pokemons abilities to harm you or those you care for??

Critical hit.

Mia stops in her place and against her Pokemons best wishes, turned to face Yuriko. This revealed to all the females interested in the situation the 10-year-old?s bandaged right cheek.

?You don?t have to say anything further deary.? An elderly woman assured Mia. ?The Lavaridge Gym often offers all sorts of self defense classes?? The woman?s voice trailed off until she remembered one minor detail. ?Well, at least when Mura the burning passion ran it??

?Oh leave my Flannery alone!? Yuriko, who completely forgot about Mia?s existence teased. ?It?s one of her long term goals to reopen the school of volcanic fist! I mean she is the rightful successor to her grandfather?s school after all.?

?Flannery is indeed one of the best things that has happened to Lavaridge?? Another woman confirms. ?But that Winona was one of Mura?s top apprentices despite her young age then? Flannery still has ways to go.?

?But Winona?s stoic and stuck-up! I mean who dresses like she does?? A teen argues.

After a while all the women began to gossip away about who was the better suited heiress for Mura?s dojo or the fate of the burning passion?s ?legacy? in general.

This matter was very short lived as soon as Hiro launched a Bullet Seed barrage into the air.

?I apologize for my Pokemon?s rudeness as well as my own.? Mia spoke without warning. ?But I don?t see how self defense will stop-?

?A long time back when the dojo was in its seemingly endless golden age,? Yuriko cut Mia off. ?Mura had a peculiar student who, despite his bulky exterior couldn?t smash boards with his fist. He was dubbed Pillow fist from the other apprentices and was teased quite a bit.?
    ?To cut a long emotional story short,? The bleach-blonde continues. ?An amazing discovery was made in the world of Pokemon at that time as a team of researchers who were studying a hidden Heracross civilization in the Johto region came to see them wield a bizarre technique that literally ripped through boulder structures by putting the right amount of force against certain soft spots of those structures? A breaking point if you will.?

?Wait? I-I heard of something similar to that!? Mia hastily realizes. ?But it was a very old article concerning the behavioral pattern of the Pinsir in the Safari Zone? It wasn?t proven though, the Pinsir made themselves more elusive overtime??

Yuriko shrugs. ?From what he little he learned at the time, Pillow fist came to appreciate the values of mediation more as he confirmed that even if you somehow find the soft spot of your target yet cannot properly tear the pins of pressure that bind that target together your efforts are all for naught??

Many of the females alongside Mia considered Yuriko?s words while others began to reminisce on the young man?

Being beings of the elements themselves, Daigo Hiro and Jenrya also saw great prospects in this tale.

Mia lifted her head from contemplation to face Yuriko once more. ?Miss, I understand that the dojo itself is closed, but can you take me to this pillow fists home??

?No,? The inn caretaker answers quickly. ?Mura passed away five years ago. After his period of mourning, Pillow fist left Lavaridge to fully perfect the breaking point with no further scrutiny; who knows what became of him since then.?

Yuriko began to mutter something about being surprised he didn?t leave sooner.

Some woman chided her about not mentioning this sooner while others questioned the use of knowing such a ?killing technique.?

?I-I wish for you to take me to the old dojo then!? Mia demands. ?I know this Pillow fist is gone but he must?ve left behind some proof of his findings on the breaking point!?

?That he did?? Yuriko smiles warmly at the memory. ?We?ll have to talk to Flannery to obtain the information then. She was the only person I know of who ever showed any interest in Iori?s endeavors? and the only person who?ll absorb information like a mop.?

?My friend and I? We would be very grateful if Flannery-san could share what she knows with us??

?I see?? Yuriko replies as she rests her arms on the cobblestone floor. ?This will make Flannery very happy but perhaps, we should? discuss this further along the way??

Mia held a round of last minute doubts but took a look at Daigo, Hiro and Jenrya for reassurance on the matter; they all nod confidently.

Mia turns back to the bleach blonde-haired woman and gives a confirming nod. ?We?ll have to go see my friend first though.?

?I see.? Yuriko extends her hand out to the girl warmly. ?Then we have a deal.?

Mia smiles kindly for the woman as she extends her hand to seal the deal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back