• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Triple Battles! Discussion Thread

Serrah

→ Kaori's Alt
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    When I first heard about triple battles being taken place, I was a bit curious of how it all would work out. After reading the information and hearing other experiences, I think it's a really cool feature and well brought out; I can't wait to experience it for myself. Rotational battles and targeting Pokémon doesn't look like a hard process as I thought it would turn out to be. Although I can't say much about it as I haven't played the game yet and won't until the English release next year, I've watched a couple of walkthroughs with some showing the feature and I'm pretty eager to see how it goes for me as well.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...I think I originally skim read the first post. XD; But wow, both triple and rotational battles sound awesome by the explanation in the first post. When the games come out here, I don't think I'll be swapping Pokemon often, but when those battles do occur, I'll need to be ready for anything, given the unpredictable nature of these battles.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2010
    It's an interesting concept but leave it to the players to find a way to completely ruin it competitively with imbalances.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    I don't know much about Triple battles, as I'm playing Pokemon Black, but I can honestly say that Rotation Battles are annoying. If you have a strong opponent, battles can be very, very long. =( And it isn't much fun either..

Back