• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trouble Beating Maxie on Emerald

♥Naomi♥

My gameboy tastes like pickles
    Years
    when you get to the mt. chimney,i have a hard time beating maxie,even with my marshtomp i have trained hard.

my team consists of:
    Marshtomp/Mizuki
    lvl 29
    Tackle
    Mud Sport
    Mud-Slap
    Water Gun

Delcatty/Neko
    lvl 23
    Growl
    Assist
    Tail Whip
    DoubleSlap

Skarmory
    lvl 17
    Peck
    Sand-Attack
    Swift
    Agility

Torkoal
    lvl 15
    Ember
    Smog
    ??? Curse
    SmokeScreen

Lotad
    lvl 12
    Astonish
    Growl
    Absorb

Aron
    lvl 12
    Rock Smash
    Cut
    Mud-Slap
    HeadButt

i have tried many times and failed.he send out his mightyena,i send out marshtomp
    marshtomp gets pwned by mightyenas bite XD
    i send out delcatty
    delcatty gets pwned also
    i send out skarmory...
    once agian,pwnage XD

i need a stratagey to beat maxie,but i suck at stratagies
    so..meh...help?*puppy dog eyes*

Meteordragon01

The Cruxis Angel
    Years
    ♥Naomi♥ said:
    when you get to the mt. chimney,i have a hard time beating maxie,even with my marshtomp i have trained hard.

my team consists of:
    Marshtomp/Mizuki
    lvl 29
    Tackle
    Mud Sport
    Mud-Slap
    Water Gun

Delcatty/Neko
    lvl 23
    Growl
    Assist
    Tail Whip
    DoubleSlap

Skarmory
    lvl 17
    Peck
    Sand-Attack
    Swift
    Agility

Torkoal
    lvl 15
    Ember
    Smog
    ??? Curse
    SmokeScreen

Lotad
    lvl 12
    Astonish
    Growl
    Absorb

Aron
    lvl 12
    Rock Smash
    Cut
    Mud-Slap
    HeadButt

i have tried many times and failed.he send out his mightyena,i send out marshtomp
    i send out delcatty
    delcatty gets pwned also
    i send out skarmory...
    once agian,pwnage XD

Well, what you need to do is train your other pokemon. It seems as though you,ve only focused on training Delcatty and Marshtomp. My advice is to catch a Poochyena yourself and get it to level 25 at least. Your Marshtomp isnt too far away from evolveing though. Delcatty is probably not going to do well against dark pokemon, so find a pokemon like Geodude and train and replace Delcatty untill at least after the battle. And also, use moves like Sand Attack against them so they will hit you less.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
    What MeteorDragon said is right. Your team is low.
    When I battled Maxie I only had my Grovyle that was level 36 at that time.
    And that's that I tried to skip some trainers.
    Even Marshomp the most powerful is easy to beat to his pokemon.
    My best suggestion, train more your pokemon to live lvl 21-or more and your marshompt a liltte more, and you'll beat him like if you were beating a fly.

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
    ♥Naomi♥ said:

Level your Pokemon up a lot. I'll suggest moves for this team while I'm at it.

my team consists of:
    Marshtomp/Mizuki
    lvl 29
    Curse/Rest/Return/Filler
    Earthquake
    Ice Beam
    Surf

In-game Mixed Swampert works well. You decide the first slot.

Delcatty/Neko
    lvl 23
    Growl
    Assist
    Tail Whip
    DoubleSlap

All of the 200 Pokemon found in Emerald, you had to pick Delcatty? I'm not even helping this thing out.

Skarmory
    lvl 17
    Aeriel Ace
    Steel Wing
    Return
    Agility

I doubt you can get Drill Peck now. This is in-game, so even a great defender like Skarmory deserves physical attacks. You can kick at Norman when you level this thing up.

Torkoal
    lvl 15
    Flamethrower
    Body Slam/Return
    Curse
    Ammesia/Rest/Sunny Day/Sludge Bomb/Filler

Curse is good for Torkoal, even in-game. Keep Curse and try this set. You decide the last slot.

Lotad
    lvl 12
    Ice Beam
    Surf
    Giga Drain/Solarbeam
    Rain Dance

Train this thing and I'll tell you what to do with Ludicolo.

Aron
    lvl 12
    Iron Tail
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Return

HM slave I pressume? I'm not even wasting my time.

i send out delcatty
    delcatty gets pwned also
    i send out skarmory...
    once agian,pwnage XD

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

enyce

banned
    Years
    Mud Sport weakens electric power. Wich is dumb, when Marshtomp is immune to electricity. You should have kept Mud Shot. Its stronger than water gun and you get STAB.

Other than that, you should train some of your others. Suggestions I have are getting more money to buy game corner items. Like TM's 13 24 29 and 35....

Those are flame thrower, ice beam, and psychic. You have very weak moves also. You should power up. ALthough buying coins until you have enough is expensive. Its like 80,000 for those TM's O_o

enyce

banned
    Years
    YoMama said:
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

you are suggsting moves she cant even recieve yet.

Thats not helping her. I guess its to provide a better future...

♥Naomi♥

Years
    enyce said:
    Mud Sport weakens electric power. Wich is dumb, when Marshtomp is immune to electricity. You should have kept Mud Shot. Its stronger than water gun and you get STAB.

Other than that, you should train some of your others. Suggestions I have are getting more money to buy game corner items. Like TM's 13 24 29 and 35....

Those are flame thrower, ice beam, and psychic. You have very weak moves also. You should power up. ALthough buying coins until you have enough is expensive. Its like 80,000 for those TM's O_o
    um,i wasnt given the opinon to learn mud shot...weird...O_o

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
    enyce said:
    you are suggsting moves she cant even recieve yet.

Thats not helping her. I guess its to provide a better future...

Edit your posts please.

Read my entire post. I said two things.

#1 A way lot more training!
    #2 I'll suggest moves for that team while I was at it.

I know at that point in the game she certainly doesn't have access to all of that stuff, but this is the moveset for her final Elite Four team.

enyce

banned
    Years
    ♥Naomi♥ said:
    um,i wasnt given the opinon to learn mud shot...weird...O_o

What version are you playing? Because on my emerald when my Mudkip evolved into Marshtomp it learned "Mud Shot" at level 16.

Did you evolve mudkip at 16???

♥Naomi♥

Years
    im playing emerald...
    um,no i didnt evolve it at 16...i did near 17/18....i wanted to keep it mudkip...but realized that for wattson i would need the part ground...curse my lazyness not to bring my r/s to my grandmas! curses!!

enyce

banned
    Years
    ♥Naomi♥ said:
    im playing emerald...
    um,no i didnt evolve it at 16...i did near 17/18....i wanted to keep it mudkip...but realized that for wattson i would need the part ground...curse my lazyness not to bring my r/s to my grandmas! curses!!

*slaps forhead*

see why you dont have mudshot??? Oh well train it and dont evolve it into swampert until you get muddy water. Altough it is a bad attack better than water gun.

♥Naomi♥

Years
    what level does marshtomp learn muddy water?
    btw,im in the prosses of training my new female poochyena into a mightyena,its lvl 15 right now ^_^

edit:i checked serebii.net,and theres a 2 level difference that marsh tomp and swampert learn muddy water...@_@

Last edited:

enyce

banned
    Years
    ♥Naomi♥ said:
    btw,im in the prosses of training my new female poochyena into a mightyena,its lvl 15 right now ^_^

edit:i checked serebii.net,and theres a 2 level difference that marsh tomp and swampert learn muddy water...@_@

Muddy Water sucks any way. Its too bad you have to beat norman to get surf. You are better off with that. But you probably only got 2 or 3 badges.

Norman is badge five...

miloticmaster

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2006
    Your pokemon are weak, you need to train more. Then you might have a chance against Maxie.

Meteordragon01

The Cruxis Angel
    Years
    ♥Naomi♥ said:

Ok, thats good,but keep training it. What moves does it know?

♥Naomi♥

Years
    enyce said:
    Muddy Water sucks any way. Its too bad you have to beat norman to get surf. You are better off with that. But you probably only got 2 or 3 badges.

Norman is badge five...
    iv actually betten flannery now,but norman is a pain in my butt
    when i used to start with blaziken,it was easy because id keep double kick,but my poor marshtomp isnt even evolved!usually any of my starters have eveolved into their final form by now,and whip normans arse,but that girl with that zangoose that learns slash?it only uses that and swords dance,and same thing that happend with maxie happened here!marshtomp=pwned
    delcatty=pwned
    mightyena=pwned
    skarmory(strangly got pwned)=pwned
    and of corse my poor little weak aron=PWNED

thanks for all the help with maxie,now i need help with norman....lol XD or that girl before him too XD(attack door)if i went through the 1 hit ko room,id die in....5 seconds

Latias418

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2007
    My sceppy pwned Maxie. And in the gym (Norman's), my Sceppy was Lv. 37 or so and OHKO'd all the trainers in one hit O.o (With Leaf Blade) And Norman's pokemon O.o Except Slaking.

Meteordragon01

The Cruxis Angel
    Years
    Well, you should train a Makuhita or a Meditite untill one of them evolves, fighting types are strong against normal types. If you can find a rock type like Nosepass or something, that will work too.

Back