• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Trouble Editing Item Text in Bag

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2016
    I tried using two tools: Item Manager and Complete Item Editor to edit the text in my Fire Red ROM for Oak's Parcel when you choose said item,. Instead of it saying "OAK: {player} This isn't the time to use that!" I want it to say "OAK: This isn't yours to use!". But it seems that this is hardcoded. I looked and the routine offset is 0xA2239, which is "Do nothing", hence the Oak text. But I tried repointing the routine using shiny Quagsire's disassembly in hex to free space and change the text pointer to a custom one with the text I wanted and changing the 4 byte pointer accordingly with no luck (it freezes). I assume repointing on GBA games are different than most systems since I can't even find a list of opcodes anywhere in hex. So...what should I try? I would like to get this custom text for that item.

SERIOUS answers only, please.

Last edited:
    Back