• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Trouble getting my item to be consumed

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2022
    Hello, I'm back with another question.

I have created and item called Blast Shield. It's a held item that greatly reduces damage from Explosion/Self Destruct. So far I've got it to work wonderfully except it's not consumed after the Explosion/Self Destruct. While its incredible useful as is I would like to nerf it to its intended design. It's probably something simple but I can't for the life of me get it to work. Anyway if someone could take a look and let me know I would greatly appreciate it. And if we can figure it out you guys can use it too!

I have this bit in PokeBattle_Battler
    Spoiler:

And this is the little bit that I changed in the Explosion/Self Destruct in PokeBattle_MoveEffects
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I'm assuming you get the "Blast Shield broke!" message so the obvious first question is "what does (true,false) mean in pbConsumeItem?" I haven't checked myself, but I wonder if one of those is stopping it from being removed?

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2022
    To be 100% honest I'm not sure, I just saw that it was on the Air Balloon item right above it and just copied it over since my original code didn't actually have it. So far neither way has worked.

Back