• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

True Champions

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
Years
  • The Kingdom of Pokemon

This world is a world inhabited by creatures known as pokemon. They have amazing powers and abilities; they can control the seventeen elements in ways that are impossible for humans and animals- the creatures that share this world with pokemon. However, man does have a few things on their side: a big brain, thumbs, language, social skills, as well as other features that no one pokemon has. Because of this humans were able to develop pokeballs, devices that allow their kind to capture and befriend pokemon. But this invention became corrupt as people started using pokemon for power. "Evil teams" such as the Rockets began to crop up, and soon others would follow, others who were able to take over the world...

It wasn't long after the Wyard family declared themselves the monarchs of the world that everything began spiraling out of control. The great and powerful legendary pokemon, who some believed to be gods, were captured and given to the royal family. Pokemon were hoarded by knights and government officialls. It was like the Dark Ages all over again, for history always repeats itself, only this time we humans had the technology to make it far worse.

Now adays the Wyard family still rules over all of the pokemon world, the current king being Ronan Wyard, a young and foolish man who bases all of his decisions after what his uncle suggests to be done. The uncle, of course, is power-hungry and so laws are always being rewritten, and new ones are being put in place, ever tightening the control of everything until socity is at the point of choking to death. Rebellions have formed, people ready to go up and face the king, but so far none have succeeded. The common people lead a poor existance still, mere slaves to the king and court. They barely have enough to keep their families alive while the knights and other workers of the king make excellant livings. But this dark and unjust era will come to and end; a rumor has begun that could save the world...

King Ronan has a daughter, a young, rebellious girl of only about seven who seems wise in spite of this. She isn't happy about what her daddy is doing, and so she went to the legendary pokemon that he keeps locked up and asked them for guidance. The rumor goes that Arceus spoke to the girl, Mayella is her name, and told her that a team of heroes shall arise and bring down the king once and for all. But there is yet another part to the story; those heroes will be like no one had ever expected. Small, weak, and forgotten, no one would ever expect that they are the true champions.

Forgotten

As this rumor spread, the King was furious with his daughter for her part in the uprising that was beginning to take place, and she was locked away in the castle with the legendary pokemon that she so loved. However, Ronan had gained nothing from fettering his child. Already people began questioning who the myth had been talking about. Small, weak, and forgotten... maybe bug-type pokemon? No, they weren't mystical enough. Maybe the peasents and poor that had been abused by the king... yes! That had to be it! All over the world people began working even harder at their rebellions, certain that the heroes to come would be ordinary peasents like you and me. Small, weak, and even by those who needed them the most, the true heroes were forgotten. All this time no one had stopped to even consider that the greatest heroes that the world would ever see...

...were animals.

True Champions

Pokemon have brawn. Humans have brains. But what could animals possibly have that neither humans nor pokemon did? Dedication. Grit. The ability never to give up even in the face of certain danger. Animals may not be strong or smart, but they are brave. And as are you. As an animal, you have had to constantly compete with pokemon and avoid humans. After all, humans eat animals, not pokemon. But this outcast lifestyle hasn't evaded the horrors caused by the Monarchy. Rather, animals have been more and more opressed as people began treading deeper and deeper into wild territory, murdering as they go in a meager effort to earn money or get food. And now, animals are sick of being third class citizens. During the great full moon, a blue moon in fact, a gathering was held where one representative of each animal species came forth and cast their vote. The verdict? War with the humans. You, just a normal squirrel or fish or other creature, are now a part of something larger. Little do you, or any other animal for that matter, know it, but you will be a part of the heroes who save the world.

Rules:
    1) All PC rules apply
    2) No godmodding, flaming, bunnying, or any other frowned upon stuff
    3) All animals can communicate with eachother, but no talking to humans or pokemon
    4) No magical creatures
    5) I'm not going to force you to have fun, but I am cheesy enough to put that as a rule ;D

Character Sheet:
    (NOTE: Please put spaces between sections of the sheet. It really helps men and makes it easier to read.)

Name: All animals have names. It may be as cliche or creative as you want, but this is required.
    Species: What kind of animal are you?
    Breed: You wont need to specify a breed for most species, but for things like cats and dogs I need you to tell me if you are a doberman or a poodle.
    Gender: Male or female. Animals are not genderless, unless you want to be one of those wierd snails or some other complicated ocean creature with gender issues.
    Appearance: Not all animals of a species look exactly the same. So go ahead, describe yourself. I expect at least four lines for this category.
    Personality: Who are you? How do you act in certain situations? You may be as cliche as you want here, but insanely evil bunnies do always tempt me XD. For this category you will also need at least four lines.
    History: Where were you born? What's special about you? Do you have siblings? Answer these questions and more in your history section! More than five lines please.
    Attack Strategy: You will be fighting pokemon. You cannot defeat them by sitting there and doing nothing. Are you good at sneaking around enemies? Ambush? Chase? Do you gore them with your horns, or strike with fangs? These are not pokemon attacks, just how your animal fights.

And that, my friends, is a roleplay. I will be signing up with my own character soon. Well, unless this falls flat and no one signs up. But lets not think about that hmmm? Oh, and if your wondering, the first mission of our Animal Army of Awesome (see what I did there?) will be to try to free the legendaries. We know that they're on our side, we just don't know yet how far on our side they really are /forshadowing.

Years
  • I would love to join. I like writing in the perspective of animals, ever since my teacher made me write an essay about "What do you think your pet thinks?". I'll post my SU tomorrow as I've to go to sleep. So please reserve for me, please! :)

Lilliana

Lilliana ~♥~ Silver, Forever!
    Years
  • This sounds so cool i'd love to be part of it.

Name: Triana
    Breed: Poodle/ Golden Retriever mix.
    Appearance: Fur Color: Golden Yellow.
    Eye Color: left Aqua Blue right red
    Ear Style: Long Floppy ears.
    Tail: Long fluffy tail

Personality: Triana is a small lonely stray dog who no one ever cared about, she is always being kicked at by the guards of the city until she started top fight back. When people make her angry enough she will attack with out holding back, but in most situations she is careful planning what she is going to do.
    History: She was born a dog of the royal palace but since she was the runt she was thrown out onto the streets to die. Taken in by a little girl and her family she was kept alive by them until they to cast her out in order to take care of themselves. The special thing about Triana are her eyes, normally the left is aqua blue and the right is red but when she's really happy or excited both eyes turn aqua blue and when she's angry both turn red. Triana has three brothers and two sisters whom she has never met or interacted with.
    Attack Strategy: Triana is an expert at sneaking stealthily around enemies and can tear them apart with her fangs.

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years
  • Animals battling Pokémon to save the world? Cool!

*clears throat and puts on monocles*

If I may, I request to be reserved a spot as a lion, particularly the
    White Transvaal lion or the Panthera leo krugeri. I shall have my sign up sheets up within 24 hours, at the least.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • I have everything but name and battle strategy complete...

Spoiler:

Years
  • When will we all be accepted or at least get an answer? The RP master seems to be inactive. *sighs* :/
    EDIT: I've given up on this RP, it's by my dictionary dead. Bye guys.

Last edited:
    Back