• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

True Golden Heart

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    This is my third fic I think, well, I don't remember, but, I haven't finished the first chapter yet, so, ummm, here's the introduction!

True Golden Heart

By: Caroline

Introduction

My entire body thrashed beneath the water?s surface. I swam up and burst above the surface. I gasped for air, as I throbbed in the water. The force of the waves pulled me into black darkness. I couldn?t hear, see, or breathe, and all that filled my body was panic. Then, everything turned as black as night, and my body was lifted out of the water. Had death come over me? I wondered.

________________________________________​

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    Okay...I'll take the 'introduction' part seriously. XD

It's an attention grabber and it starts out as a perilous incident, but I really can't detect anymore considering the shortage of the length. (I suppose every introduction has their own way with length o.o) I think you can combine this with the first chapter. Either that or make it a tad bit longer.

TUrning out interesting though. Good luck with the first chapter. ^^

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    Thanks! I know that my length is never enough, I can never get it just right! Anyways, the intro won't be included in the first chapter.

~Chapter One~

Moonlight filtered the path that led my home. Wind whispered my name, just like my mother calling me. She was probably trying to brush away spot of dust in the den. But the den couldn?t be dusted like a cave. I knew that just like worrying over dusting the den, my mother worried over me. Sometimes I would jump into the shimmering streams, and she would yell for me to get out and go back into the unbearable heat. The thoughts of my mother worrying made me sprint down the path.

?Heartbreaker! Heartbreaker!? my mother was calling. It never failed. I went out of the den, and my mother would panic if I wasn?t home in 10 minutes, or she couldn?t see me. This time, it was both.

?Mom,? I called. ?I?m home.?

My mother?s sea blue eye?s sparkled as she called, ?You?re home!?

?Yeah,? I said, and walked past her and into the den. The den is so warm and welcoming, I thought. But my mother?s tears burst my thoughts.

?Oh, my baby!? She cried. I rolled my eyes and started walked away to my nest. ?Oh, Heartbreaker!?

?Mom, I?m fine,? I began.
    ?No you?re not. Eevees shouldn?t be out this late, so far away from their den. Eevees are scarce, and trainers will get you if you venture too far away.? I glared at my mother for a while, but I knew she was right. But why did she make such a big deal about it?

I stormed away, back to the nest I had built out of sticks, leaves, and dirt. I began to think that life was unfair, that life could not be forgiven. Life left scars, scars of memories, that would not heal. Although my memories didn?t bother me, my life did. And I wanted to fix that.

Yes, I know, very short, and boring. I'm not good at starting off fics, and I always need improvement on length, sometimes grammar.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    I'm going to add onto this chapter, I just figured I needed a little more planning before I finish it. This chapter will be continued... ^_^

Chapter Two

Moonlight filtered the path to sea as I silently crept out of the den and into the black darkness. I thought of spending the rest of the night in nest near the sea, which was only between 10 to 20 yards away from the den. However, the area in between was forested, and my mother would never creep out in the middle of the night with trainers camping outside. She thought that if she went out to get me, then a trainer would follow her and she would find me and we would both be captured and become the trainer?s tools. Yeah, right! Not all trainers were evil!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~​
    I walked out onto the rocky edge of the beach, where I would soon reach bright sand. My eyes were weary, and I yet had a nest to build, safe from the ocean?s edge. My eyelids felt heavy as they dropped over my eyes like drapes. I decided to look at my reflection in the shimmering blue waves. When I saw my face, I noticed new features about myself. My golden eyes sparkled and shined; full of hope. I had never noticed it before.

?Wow,? I smiled, ?I never knew I had such faith!?

?Oh, but someday those golden eyes will reveal fear, the memories? The memories?? I heard a voice call. It sounded close by, but yet so far away?

?W-Who?s there?? I demanded. There was no answer except the ocean whispering fear? fear? I must have fallen asleep and imagined the ocean whispering. There was no other reason. I decided to wake up, out of this nightmare. I dunked my head into the ocean?s icy water. I screamed, but under the water, it was silent. My face felt frosty and cold when I burst my head from above the surface. My eyes were open wide now. I must have been the fear that locked them open, or I would have been sleeping without knowing it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~​

I quickly forgot what had happened and drifted off to sleep.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    This part should be more exciting, if anyone bothers to read it, but, it took me a while so, enjoy!

Continued​

~*~*~*~*~*~*~​

The next morning I awoke to the gentle swaying of the water. I was drifting into the waves! I watched the waves reach high lands because of the wind force last night. ?Yeah, now I remember,? I thought. ?The wind made me cold last night, then I felt wet, like it was raining. I must have thought it was raining!?

My eyes filled with panic as I watched the leaves were easily brushed aside and underwater. I was light and thrown underneath by the water?s strength. I struggled to come above the surface, and when I did, I desperately gasped for air. Air filled my small lungs, and when I started swimming towards the beach, the water pulled me back under.

My entire body thrashed beneath the water?s surface. I swam up and burst above the surface. I gasped for air, as I throbbed in the water. The force of the waves pulled me into black darkness. I couldn?t hear, see, or breathe, and all that filled my body was panic. Then, everything turned as black as night, and my body was lifted out of the water. Had death come over me? I wondered.

No, a weird, shadowy figure grasped me in his cold, rough, hairless paws. He walked towards the land, and gently put me down. I coughed up some water that had inflated my lungs, and blinked me eyes a couple times. Then I squinted up at the thing that saved me. It wasn?t a Pokemon, that was for sure. It looked much like a trainer, with the weird fur, balls that opened and turned Pokemon into liquids, yes, all that features of a cold-blooded trainer.

He started walking away, as if nothing important had happened. Sheesh! No wonder they called them cold-blooded. I loped behind him, trying to capture attention. Once his eyes met my gaze, I sneezed. He sighed and flashed a ball towards me with ace aiming. It hit me, square in the head, and sucked me into the ball like water. Inside it was as black as night, and it bounced. I rammed into one of the hard walls, but the water had made me weak. I threw myself against it, but I nearly killed myself, using all my extra strength. I was caught?

Last edited:
    Back