• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trying Something New

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    How often do you try something new with your art (be it a new style, drawing something you've never drawn before, using a new medium, etc)? Do you pressure yourself to try new things or does it not really matter to you? If you had to try something new, what would it be?

NameMeansAll

Stay true-anything is Possible
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2013
    I try more often new things that I wouldn't regularly draw. Been working on more realism and trying to draw more anime or game characters kind of like copy drawing or something. I do have my own style I think. some people told me I do.

I been trying to use Paint or markers more to draw things than just pencils. For something new If I had to try would be asking some to model for me so I can draw them pretty quick. If That dose not count then I don't know, sorry. ^^;;

Keizaal

but innocence is gone
    Years
  • I always have a fear of going "out of my style" because I'm always afraid that I'm copying someone else's style. I haven't drawn in a while, I've lost interest, but that was how I felt through the whole time, so I never really drew that often. Q-Q

Thergox

Average Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2014
    Whenever I try a new medium, I fail immensely. I've tried watercolor -- NOPE. Oil Pastel? NOPE. How about good ol' charcoal? Um -- NOPE. I understand that practice makes perfect, but often times I have no idea what I'm doing and it just sort of ends up in a mess. I'm trying to digitize my graphite drawings, but I can only really get as far as creating the outline. . . This is actually something I'm trying to be patient with, but it's still really difficult T-T

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I try something new so often that if I ever do something of the new kind of thing which I recently tried more than once, it means that I've found something that I'm good at.

I try not to fit anything old into my artist's mindspace. If I see something new, whatever it may be, be it style, something new, or a new medium, which I do happen to be interested with, I do it.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
  • All the time. For me, doing things the same way is boring, and I often want to see what X would look like if drawn a certain way, without having to pay someone else to do it. :P But as I've stated once before, it's important not to go off the deep end with variety for variety's sake, either. You lose cohesion that way.

Back