• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Battle] Trying to find where physical/special types are kept

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2022
    Hiya, I'm poking around in the PokeYellow disassembly making my own little tweaks. I'm trying to find where in the code types are classified as either physical or special because I want to try and make my own split. Does anyone know where I should look?

ellabrella

PKMN Trainer
    Years
    • She/It
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    you've posted in the binary hacking section, you probably meant to post this here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fn=decomp

the way physical/special types work in pokeyellow is that all the physical types are defined first, then all the special types are defined. this happens in constants/type_constants.asm. it's probably OK to just rearrange the order of types without any adverse effect if that's what you're going for!

Back