• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Trying to get Alakazam and Gengar

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    So, I have a Kadabra in my Y version and a Haunter in my X version. I'm trying to trade them between my two games then trade them back so I can have an Alakazam and a Gengar (I love their Megas, btw). Problem is, I don't have an extra 3DS lying around. I'm also scared to use the GTS or Wonder Trade because I don't want another player scooping up my Pokémon.

So, any advice on what I should do?

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2014
    The only thing you can do is get a friend you know who plays the game and have them trade with you....that all I can think of.

Add to that maybe take it to gamestop and ask them if you could use their 3ds real fast to do so, usually the people at gamestop are cool enough to let you borrow theirs....my gamestop they use their game systems when people are not in the store and play their games while waiting

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I could help you with that if you want. I also want a gengar for my self as well, and a golem. So, if you would like my help, let me know by pm. (I'd be willing to wait for you to change games since you have the pokes on 2 separate versions)

Faye Rose~

Resilient
    Years
    An option is to go to the GTS and look for somebody offering a Haunter for a Haunter and a Kadabra for a Kadabra, they will both evolve upon trading. Problem is that you don't get to pick the nature or nickname it if you want.

PKMNTrainer_Teal

& Proffessor
    Years
    As far as I can tell, the Trade Evo Glitch was fixed in X/Y, so the best thing I can suggest is getting a reliable friend to trade it to and fro. If you can't find anyone, feel free to add me. Eventually I'm gonna want my Rypherior, so I'm in the same boat as you. Plus, I'm not "that guy" that would keep Gengar for himself lol. My friend code is in my sig.

Didn't have my new sig active.....my bad

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    An option is to go to the GTS and look for somebody offering a Haunter for a Haunter and a Kadabra for a Kadabra, they will both evolve upon trading. Problem is that you don't get to pick the nature or nickname it if you want.

that breeding for

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    This is what I did, but if you want, I'm sure someone would be willing to help you out in the X/Y Quick Trade Thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back