• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Trying to get pokemon to spawn

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2023
    Hello im new to this thing, i did try pokemon essentials when it was version 1.18 in 2020 i tried making my first pokemon game (VENUS AND NEPTUNE) then i tried again this time with version 1.19 (Venus and neptune *again*) had no problems decided to try again, and follow all the steps in the tutorial i got, the tutorial is really old thought. i dont know what version it was made in thought it was made by thundaga, still works thought so pokemon essentials version 1.20 (Venus and Uranus *i know this is funny but i recently discovered that its the coldest planet in the solar system not neptune*) and suddenly it dosen't work! i never had a problem like this i have a party (LEVEL 5 BULBASAUR) thought no pokeballs anyways i checked the script it should work, but no pokemons spawn. can anyone help?
    Code:
    # See the documentation on the wiki to learn how to edit this file.
    #-------------------------------
    [042,99] # Route 1
    Land,100
        50,PIDGEY,3,7
        45,SPEAROW,3,5
        45,WEEDLE,5,6
        1,BULBASAUR,1
        40,SHROOMISH,6,8

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2023
    may anyone please anwser, i really cannot get this to work. im serious about this, how can be a pokemon game without wild encounters?

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2024
    Your brackets are wrong. The first number is the map number (assuming your map is number 42 on your essentials.) The second number is the encounter version. The Default is 0 (or no second number). Unless you have an event changing your encounters to version 99, you won't get any encounters as you encounter table isn't set up for the default encounter version.

Back