• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokeemerald] [TUTORIAL] Replacing Overworlds and adding Unique Palettes

vxo

ROM Hacker
Years
  • Replacing Overworlds and adding Unique Palettes

Part I: Adding Dynamic Overworld Palette System

Source: https://github.com/pret/pokeemerald/wiki/Dynamic-overworld-palette-system

Notice: The current implementation breaks the reflection palette system, though for ease of adding new overworlds that should be adapted so it is dynamic as well, rather than requiring explicit reflection palettes.
    Notice: Depending on your version of Pokeemerald, the function sub_808E894() has been decompiled, so it could be called LoadEventObjectPalette()
    Notice: Where it states + or -, add or delete the entire line

Spoiler:

Part II: Replacing Overworlds and Adding Unique Palettes

Source: https://github.com/pret/pokeemerald/wiki/Adding-new-overworlds

Spoiler:

Part III: Troubleshooting

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Hanu P

DRAGON GOD<3
    Years
  • Hey! This tut need to be modified a little...
    In here:
    {gEventObjectPalette_<PALETTE NAME>, EVENT_OBJ_PAL_<PALETTE NAME>},
    change this to {gEventObjectPalette_<NAME OF THE SPRITE YOU ARE MODIFYING>, EVENT_OBJ_PAL_<PALETTE NAME>},
    eg:
    {gObjectEventPalette_Youngster, OBJ_EVENT_PAL_youngsterhgss},
    here I was replacing a youngster sprite...
    and this:
    #define EVENT_OBJ_PAL_<PALETTE NAME> 0x<HEX NUMBER>
    to this:
    #define EVENT_OBJ_EVENT_PAL_<PALETTE NAME> 0x<HEX NUMBER>
    Credits Ryuusei Boy/Fubuki Shirou(I don't know his PC name.. it' the discord one!)

Back