• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Two vital errors

Team Magic Tyson

PokeCommunity Master
Years
  • I have been experience this for a long time now. When i switch my computer on it loads up my screansaver but not the toolbar. It doesn't do it at its own time because i left it on for 24 hours to see if it was running slow, but it just didn't load up. I have to run bit torrent through task manager and right click a program i downloaded, then click open containing folder to load the toolbar up. Any ideas on how to fix this, so it will boot up with the pc?

Second of all, i can't run any programs with my pc. It loads the egg timer but then stops and doesn't load up. Has done this for a while also. I can't access any of my control panels either. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Zet

Years
  • have you tried formatting the computer yet and see if that solves the problem? though you will need to back up your data if you can

Years
  • have you tried formatting the computer yet and see if that solves the problem? though you will need to back up your data if you can

What he said. ^

Also, try creating a new account. I know my computer buggered up a while back, and we solved the problem by creating a new user (named PC; original, eh?) and deleting the old one.

Team Magic Tyson

PokeCommunity Master
    Years
  • Am trying to get it formatted by a friend, but he hasn't been in all day.

I have tried it wont run the user accounts, for some reason.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2009
    goto Start Menu>Run

Type in msconfig

Goto Startup and make sure Explorer is there

Counterfeit

Rely on me to let you down.
    Years
  • goto Start Menu>Run

The start bar isn't going to be there if explorer isn't running. xD

If you still haven't fixed this or if it happens again, do this:

• Alt, Ctrl & Delete > New Task > Explorer

• Then navigate to "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"

• Once in there make a new shortcut, and type "explorer.exe" as the location of the program.

• Restart

Reply and let me know how that works out for you, if you haven't already fixed it that is.

Back