• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Two Worlds Collide: OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumshoe Satyr

Clone 489024-9
    Years
    This is the OOC for the thread Two Worlds Collide. Here you can post comments, suggestions, or just have fun.

Characters' Moves and etc.

Ava: Growl, Charm
    Ability: Hustle or Serene Grace
    Next Move: Metronome, lvl 6
    Evolution: Togetic, Happiness and Togekiss, Shiny Stone

Bianca:
    Scratch, Growl, Hypnosis(EM)
    Ability: Pick Up
    Next Move: Bite, lvl 6
    Evolution: Persian, lvl 28

Calin:
    Tackle, Tail Whip, Helping Hand, Endure(EM)
    Ability: Adaptability
    Next Move: Sand Attack, lvl 8
    Evolution:
    Item or Happiness

Gale:
    Tackle, Tail Whip, Wish(EM)
    Ability: Adaptability or Run Away
    Next Move: Sand Attack, lvl 8
    Evolution:
    Item or Happiness

Joseph:
    Night Shade, Leer, Ominous Wind(EM)
    Ability: Levitate
    Next Move: Disable, lvl 6
    Evolution: Dusclops, lvl 37 and Dusknoir, trade with Reaper Cloth

Kalec:
    Tackle, Growl, Double-Edge(EM)
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Next Move: Tail Whip, lvl 6
    Evolution: Rapidash, lvl 40

Maverick:
    Pound, Leer, Crunch(EM)
    Ability: Overgrow
    Next Move: Absorb, lvl 6
    Evolution: Grovyle, lvl 16 and Sceptile, lvl 36

Sandra: Tackle, String Shot, Poison Sting
    Ability: Shield Dust
    Next Move: Harden, when evolves
    Evolution: Silcoon or Cascoon, lvl 7 and Beautifly or Dustox, lvl 10

Last edited:

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
    I've posted my sign-up, I hope its okay.

Sorry for the double post.
    But ahh when might we start?

Last edited:

Gumshoe Satyr

Clone 489024-9
    Years
    I thought that your SU was good. I'm hoping that we can get a couple more RPers before we start. I'm just about to send Lostt a warning that I'm only holding his reservation until Mon. If worse comes to worse, we can start off by ourselves on Tues. and "find" the other characters as they join the RP. Thinking about asking some people in some of the RPs that I'm in if they will join.

Gumshoe Satyr

Clone 489024-9
    Years
    Ok, here are some issues that I realized that I probably need to address:

Moves: I don't really like the whole four move limit so this is how I want it done: You start out with moves that your character knows at lvl five and gain new ones as you go along, and you don't have to forget any old ones to learn new ones (use Serebii.net. D/P move set please. The easiest way to find it is to just type your Pokemon type into Google and look for that website. Sometimes there's more than one so just look for the one that has the move set for D/P.) Either you can PM me when you're ready to learn a new move, or I'll decide it on my own and either post it here or PM you. TM and tutor moves are trickier because I want you to show your character training to learn the particular move, preferably with quite a few good posts about it and my permission. I have figured out a way for our characters' to know what movers they can learn so just be patient. Also since I'm feeling generous today you can have your character know one egg move.

Number of characters: No, you can't have more than one character. It just makes it harder to remember who's who. You can control NPC's but only for a limited amount of time. I am planning for Arceus to make an appearance at some point, but I'd like to have control over what he (just calling Arceus he for convenience) and other important characters do so the story will go in the direction that I intend.

Day and Night: I'll let you know when day and night comes so we don't have people waking up just as others are going to sleep and vice versa.

Human Appearance: For now, that part of the SU is really only used as a reference, in case we need it. If we get to the part where we get back in our real bodies, that's where it's a little more important.

Evolution: Yes, you can evolve but like with moves, PM me first or if you don't, I'll PM you and suggest it. Doesn't matter to me either way. I'd prefer that you don't post it on this forum so that it's a surprise to everyone else when it happens.

That's all I can think of at the moment, but if I remember anything else, I'll add it.

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    *looks over it* Yeah, I honestly like it more when the Pokemon can learn as many moves as they want. I'm assuming it doesn't include TMs/HMs, correct?

Shoot, it'll be a long while 'til Eevee learns Trump Card... And I'm also assuming there won't be any Egg Moves learned in the beginning?

Gumshoe Satyr

Clone 489024-9
    Years
    Well, since egg moves are pretty much inherited, you can have one extra move in the beginning (the egg move.)

TMs/Hms will be harder to learn anyway, but if someone is spending all their time training and are learning them like crazy, I will set a limit. Probably no more than about five, but I haven't really decided. Remember that you have to have my permission to learn new moves anyway so that keeps people from learning Hyper Beam at lvl 10 or knowing fifty moves total.

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
    Alright. Well Here's Bianca's Moveset!

Bianca the Meowth
    Current Level: 5

Attacks:
    • Scratch
    • Growl
    • Hypnosis [extra bred move]
    Oh and About the TM's, what if we could just I dunno find them as we go, like in the games where they lie around haphazordly... or have a Pokemon who can learn the TM move automatically, teach it to us, like this....

Say I wanted Bianca to Learn Shadow Claw and while traveling, she just so happened to come across a Sableye who knew Shadow Claw, so after persuading the Sableye, because he's stubborn like that, to teach her Shadow Claw he decided begrudgingly to teach her, but only after she annoyed him to death

Example: "Alright, I guess I could teach you" Abel grumbled folding his arms in annoyance while Bianca smiled at the Sableye "Thanks so much! Now uhh how do I do this attack exactly?"

Abel resisted the urge to palm his goulish face and opted to sigh instead "Watch me" the Ghost then brought a hand forward, seconds later a larger claw of dark-colored energy formed at his fingertips "This is what Shadow Claw should look like" he told the Scratch Cat who stared at his paw intently "Now, make sure you have good focus so you can keep this up, otherwise it'll dissolve" then Abel turned towards a nearby tree and slashed at it, leaving three heavy claw marks and wisps of purple energy to float above it ominously.

"And that is how you use Shadow Claw, now you try" Bianca nodded and stuck her right paw out, concentrating to gather the energy needed for the attack. End Example

Just a thought is all.

Last edited:

Gumshoe Satyr

Clone 489024-9
    Years
    I would accept you letting another Pokemon teach you and actually encourage it because it would be easier and take less time for your character to learn, but you can't learn it in one post unless your post is really good and covers a period of several hours or a sometimes one whole day. I'm kinda doing it like you see in the anime where Ash teaches Pikachu to use Iron Tail or Staravia to use Brave Bird.

You can also teach yourself, but you can't just accidentally stumble across the attack since you don't naturally learn it. You have to know that your character can learn that attack and I do have a way for that to happen planned. Hope that clears the whole thing up. Your example was good by the way.

Timeless

Grrr...Arrgh...
    Years
    Would this be ok for Kalec's Moveset?

Ponyta Lv. 5
    Tackle
    Growl
    Double-Edge (BM)

Ponyta learns Quick Attack in FRLG, sooo I'm not sure if you'd like him to know that or not.

Edit: Removed Quick Attack.

Last edited:

Gumshoe Satyr

Clone 489024-9
    Years
    Since the D/P attack list only gives you one attack at lvl 5. You can go by the Platinum, which means you'll have Tackle, Growl, and Double Edge (egg move). Because Ponyta is so fast anyway-much faster than other pre-evolved pokemon-, I don't think it really needs Quick Attack. That's probably why they only have that attack in FR/LG.

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
    I'll make my move set here (since I messed up with ember)
    Azure Lv.5
    Scratch
    Leer
    Focus Energy(EM)
    Is this okay?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back