• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tyranitar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2005
    i need a tank for my squad, and i'm debating on it either being him or steelix.

right now, i'm doing lots of breeding, getting the moves i want, etc etc, and this is what i have so far.

Mewtwo - level 72
    psychic
    swift
    safeguard
    recover
    (havent done much to him yet)

Dratini - level 25
    dragon rage
    dragon dance
    twister
    agility
    (going to give it dragon claw when it hits dragonite)

Snorlax
    blizzard
    psychic
    amnesia
    headbutt
    (going to give him rest obviously)

that's it. i'm using mewtwo because simply he's the coolest looking in the game, not to mention the most powerful psychic type i have access to. dratini i bred to have dragon dance since i think it's a gamebreaker, and dragon pokemon really do tear things up. snorlax is just basically an all around ogre, i bred him to be my dragon-type killer.

i have fire red right now and i'm debating on buying leaf green just so i can get a scizor and a charizard.

is tyranitar a viable option, or should i go with steelix?

Star Crossed Dreamer

Protector of the Chosen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2009
    I'd go with Tyranitar. he can use most of the moves that Steelix can and then some. He'd be a better choice.

DayDreamer

Pokemon Gamer
    Years
  • Shouldn't this be in the GB stratergies & moveset area?

Anyways Tyranitar is definetely better since it's immune to psychic attacks. Just watch out for for fighting types. I my opinion I think Snorlax makes a better tank.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    yeah pick TYRANITAR hence my name *points to screen name*hes awesome hes cool he's sexy what more do you want?? Oh and he can learn thunder and thundebolt incase ur opponent sends out a water pkmn

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    tyranitor can also learn ice beam for the grass pokemon but u probably wont make him learn that
    ps steelix sucks badly

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Steelix is MUCH better if you want a tank. Tyranitar HAS to be a sweeper with dragon dance (otherwise, without dragon dance, it's useless.) and can't tank at all. Steelix is a much better tank.

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
  • Well for starters that snorlax needs to ditch all special moves and take return, shadow ball, earthquake, rockslide

tyranitor can also learn ice beam for the grass pokemon but u probably wont make him learn that
    ps steelix sucks badly

Yeah that is rite it can learn ice beam
    but the amt of EVs that would be required there to make it a useful move on anything thats not 4x effective makes it kinda useless

I would go steelix for a physical tank out of the 2
    u may wanna try a curselix or
    Steelix[adamant]
    EVs - hp, Att, Def
    roar/toxic/rest/rock slide
    earthquake
    rockslide/double edge/roar
    explosion

whatever tickles ur fancy ^^

Star Crossed Dreamer

Protector of the Chosen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2009
    Steelix is actually not as good as you think. I had a Lv. 100 Tyranitar and Steelix. Steelix was the weaker of the two. My Tyranitar did great without Dragon Dance. I just fed it lots of Carbos.

Spike Razzor

"Don't argue, you failed..."
    Years
  • rickyp2004 said:
    Steelix is actually not as good as you think. I had a Lv. 100 Tyranitar and Steelix. Steelix was the weaker of the two. My Tyranitar did great without Dragon Dance. I just fed it lots of Carbos.
    Steelix can own the more popular Tyranitar and Metagross, STABed Quake takes off more than half of there HP while they can only do less than half, even with there 400+ Atk power.

((Carbos increases speed, Steelix is slower than Tyranitar already, so it makes no difference...))

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Besides, it's unfair to compare a sweeper and a tank, although Steelix might not be more of an all-round sweeper, it's primarily a tank, and as such it usually wears down Pokemon a little slower than those heavy-hitting sweepers. And with Defence 200, second highest of all Pokemon next to Shuckle, and the Steel type, Steelix makes a marvellous tank.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • rickyp2004 said:
    T-tar needs max speed and perhaps even a nature speed boost in order to be a good dragon dancer O.o;

Really all the other dragon dancer like gyara and sala can outspeed everything after one dragon dance (well except Ninjask and Deoxys E but meh)... T-tar still can't outrun Aerodactyl after 1 dance O.o;

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
  • To prove the point that steelix is an awesome physical tank
    Steelix can survive an earthquake from metagross
    and then turn around
    and deliver its own STABed Earthquake for a OHKO
    know that doesn't mean that a weakness to ground is ok
    it just means that steelix can hold its own

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • err... I'm pretty sure that Steelix cannot OHKO Metagross without counter... ahem... unless that metagross is a bit more than screwed up in the EV department.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Geez, if all we moderators did was close old threads, we'd be doing nothing else. But I will close this, not on the grounds it's old, but because you obviously haven't read the rules of PC, especially when it comes to reviving old threads. Find something better to do with your time instead of nitpicking. Thank you.

Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back