• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ubers RMT

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
Years
  • Ok, so I'm attempting my first foray into the uber environment, and my team needs some serious help.

Latias (♀) @ Soul Dew
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 6 HP/252 SAtk/252 SDef
    Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Wish

Works as something of a secondary special wall, Wish for team support. Heatran isn't as common in ubers so I see HP Fire + Dragon Pulse getting some coverage.
    ---
    Groudon @ Choice Band
    Ability: Drought
    EVs: 128 HP/252 Atk/88 Def/40 SDef
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Shadow Claw
    - Sleep Talk

Choice Band Groudon. Gave him some defensive EV since he can't take many special hits. Also works as a Sleep absorber for those annoying Darkrai.
    ---
    Giratina @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 240 HP/200 Def/16 Spd/52 SAtk
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Will-o-wisp
    - Draco Meteor
    - Heal Block
    - Roar

Heal Block looks interesting, figured I'd give it a try. So far it hasn't helped much, apart from messing up one Blissey. A bit of speed there to outspeed other stuff for WoW.
    ---
    Registeel @ Leftovers
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 HP/6 SAtk/252 SDef
    Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
    - Explosion
    - Thunder
    - Curse
    - Fire Punch

Special wall Registeel. This guy gets screwed over a lot by the common physical attackers in ubers, so I think I may need to replace him. The Steel type gives him a lot of resistances though, and Curse to fix up the lower Defence and hurt more with Fire Punch/Explosion. Thunder is mainly filler, although the paralysis against Kyogre would be nice.
    ---
    Slaking (♂) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Truant
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/6 SDef
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Night Slash
    - Return
    - Ice Punch
    - Earthquake

Yeah, it's Slaking. He has the stats to do a lot of stuff in ubers, coming off that hefty attack. Gave him Life Orb for some attack variety, rather than CBing him. Never survives too long cos of the low SpDef.
    ---
    Qwilfish (♂) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Swift Swim
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Destiny Bond
    - Explosion
    - Waterfall
    - Toxic Spikes
    ---
    I always like to use different stuff, and Qwilfish is a real 'wtf' kind of guy. But surprisingly can work in ubers. Maxed speed in case of no rain, would catch a lot of stuff out with Explosion/Destiny Bond. Works as a great Kyogre counter with Destiny Bond too. Waterfall does some reasonably good damage, especially with rain support. Toxic Spikes are somewhat filler, since he never ususally gets chance to use em. However it's there if for some reason I have the time to set them up.

As you can see I don't fill my team with standards, even in ubers. I have problems mainly with Arceus, Rayquaza and Lugia. Kyogre also gives me grief if Qwilfish is down.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Mite wanna find an alternative to slaking, there are a LOT of focus blastin mewtwos out in the uber tier nowadays

otherwise nice team :)

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Sure that is true, but Giratina and to a lesser extent Latias gives me Focus Blast resistance. Also Normal type Arceus is common, and it pwns a lot of stuff.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    fair point, i suppose if you do correct switch outs he could last :)
    Yeah i likes my normal type arceus, havnt had an uber battle in a while, ill have to think up a team.
    Last change i can see is on giratina: Swap Draco meteor to dragon pulse. With only the one offensive move it could slowly drag itself down. Of curse a well timed switch out would also remedy this, i personally play a bit more conservatively :)

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Quilfish won't be doing much with Groudon's Drought in play. I despise Slaking. It may be hard to take down but Truant can trap you in so many ways.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Ooh yeah i forgot about truant, they had to dumb it down in some way lol

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Groudon @ Choice Band ** Anti-Pop - Sarcasm Mode
    Trait: Drought
    EV's: 252 HP / 216 Atk / 32 Def / 8 Spe
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Dragon Claw
    - Fire Punch / Overheat.

Jonbo

The Sunflora Savior
    Years
  • Groudon @ Choice Band ** Anti-Pop - Sarcasm Mode
    Trait: Drought
    EV's: 252 HP / 216 Atk / 32 Def / 8 Spe
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Dragon Claw
    - Fire Punch / Overheat.

I agree, get rid of the sleep talk, you wont be able to use it while your asleep anyway because of the choice band

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I agree, get rid of the sleep talk, you wont be able to use it while your asleep anyway because of the choice band

I think it was because he thought it was like Heracross. I.E Having Guts, switch in from Hypnosis, use Sleep Talk, Choice Band + Guts = Automatic Doom. But Groudon doesn't have Guts, I therefore, don't see a reason for Sleep Talk on it. So yeah, having Groudon with Sleep Talk is... Well, you probably get the point now..

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • It's more of a way to get some sleep protection. Switch Groudon into the predicted sleep attack, then CB Sleep Talk from there.

Yeah, Slaking is a bit of a weak link, I may drop him for Arceus or something else (Rayquaza would add too many Ice weaks, and I've got 3 as it is).

Life Orb would work better with Overheat on Groudon I'd say, bumps up the power a little more and gives him some more variety rather than being forced into one move. Probably need to rework his EVs too.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Overheat with adamant seems like a waste of an attack though.

Still, Groundon's Special Attack is high. And still, Adamant is no reason not to use Overheat, explain why. Seriously, it works as well as the other options you see. Edit: and Overheat has a high base power.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    *Looks up Groudons stats.* Oh um nevermind ignore that post.

K. Anyways, back to contributing to the Thread.. *Looks at Post.* I'd run Slaking with Aerial Ace / Earthquake / Return / Focus Punch with CB. Or Slack Off / Night Slash / Return / Curse with Leftovers. The second is more defensive, as you can see.

Back