• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Ugh...lost my copy of Emerald...

Earthpride

The...Immortal Thing.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2006
    Ok, here is the lowdown.

I recently went hunting in my room for Emerald. I found the box, but due to my horrible luck, it was empty. I now have a dilemma...is it worth me getting a new copy again? It has been a LONG time since I played it, and I'm saving up for a DS Lite aswell. Please give me a solution!

Earthpride

The...Immortal Thing.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2006
    Toothache said:
    Get a new one. Battle Frontier is the daddy, and the only true sense of ingame battling which you should be doing IMO.

I'm thinking about it...now I just gotta try and persuade my parents (who ended up looking too). I never got to the Battle Frontier...only to the 4th gym or something. I guess it is worth me getting a new one, but it'll take some work on my part.

Squeegee Beckenheim

SB - The Hunk (Since 2005)
    Years
    Yes, I couldn't agree more with Toothy. You need a new game for sure. Emerald has the most amazing storyline. My favorite game, period!

But you need to keep all your games in one universal location like a drawer. Then you won't lose them. You also need to remember that Emerald is different from Ruby and Saphire so there are many different plot twists. If you need any help with the game let our help threads benefit you.

Earthpride

The...Immortal Thing.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2006
    The Hunk said:
    Yes, I couldn't agree more with Toothy. You need a new game for sure. Emerald has the most amazing storyline. My favorite game, period!

But you need to keep all your games in one universal location like a drawer. Then you won't lose them. You also need to remember that Emerald is different from Ruby and Saphire so there are many different plot twists. If you need any help with the game let our help threads benefit you.

I have a feeling it might have been swiped - normally they are all in a sealed tub, but ever since my friend came last, it seems to have misplaced itself.

Earthpride

The...Immortal Thing.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2006
    The Hunk said:
    Well, that ain't a great friend you have then. You probably shouldn't be his friend if he steals from you.

Don't worry about that, he bullied me so now we don't exactly talk :P

cyberloudred

KODO 4 Life
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    well,then bully him back.if he stole your game you could always handle it yourself or tell your parents and then they would call his parents and presto.if you need any advice on what you could do to him hehehehe i might have some ideas.

Earthpride

The...Immortal Thing.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2006
    cyberloudred said:
    well,then bully him back.if he stole your game you could always handle it yourself or tell your parents and then they would call his parents and presto.if you need any advice on what you could do to him hehehehe i might have some ideas.

I'm not that sorta person, I'm just speculating about the game - it COULD be anywhere.

Almost persuaded my Mum for a new copy =)

I might need some advice on starters and the like.

cyberloudred

KODO 4 Life
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    well you never know. and you cant be weak like that.thats how people get stepped on all the time in life.

Earthpride

The...Immortal Thing.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2006
    cyberloudred said:
    well you never know. and you cant be weak like that.thats how people get stepped on all the time in life.

This is getting off-topic, but I don't think I'm weak, I've already left his school and everything, so I don't see the point in causing unessicary bother.

Good news - My Mum bought me Pokemon Emerald :)

Earthpride

The...Immortal Thing.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2006
    Just started, stuck on which starter to choose...and which pokemon I'm aiming to catch.

Ya see, at the start of every game, I want to make some goals I can achieve ^^

jc_rcw

:God:
    Years
    The best starters aree: mudkip, then treecko, then torchic imo, or treecko and mudkip switch places.

Feraligatr

SPPF Aqua_Maiden
    Years
    Start with Treecko, then catch a Wingull. It will help you beat the first 2 gyms, just with those two pokemon.

Absent

Absent > You
    Years
    >.> I would start with Treecko, as well, but it may be just me.

Y'see, I match the game color with the starter.
    Ruby - Torchic
    Sapphire - Mudkip
    Emerald - Treecko

I dunno why. I just do. I also agree with Feraligatr. With Treecko and Wingull, you could take out the first gym just fine.

Earthpride

The...Immortal Thing.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2006
    enyce said:
    well its good your mom bought you a new copy

she must be nice

Hehe, I guess she is nice =)

Ok, thanks for the advice everyone, I've got a Treecko now =D

cyberloudred

KODO 4 Life
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    then make sure to catch a wingull with it, and when you go to the cave to give the letter to steven or whatever his name is in dewford catch a good rock type pokemon for wattson.

Back