• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ugh, Wi-Fi is slowing down.

Shift

Stolen from Wifiddle at Smogon
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2008
    Why is it doing this? I'm connected and all but it's not as fast as it used to be. And it keeps disconnecting for some reason.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    I'm assuming you connect from home. Have you changed anything about your wifi setup? Or become shaped or something? It might help if you move closer to your router.

от_Ian

Original Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2007
    also, be certain that your router isn't open for anyone to come and use.

Shift

Stolen from Wifiddle at Smogon
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2008
    I'm assuming you connect from home. Have you changed anything about your wifi setup? Or become shaped or something? It might help if you move closer to your router.

Yeah I do connect from home. xP

I don't think I changed anything about my setup.
    And my DS was so close to my router but it was still about the same speed as usual. Slow.

also, be certain that your router isn't open for anyone to come and use.
    I'm the only one who uses it.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    Is this just for Pokémon? From what I've heard, the GTS is experiencing some problems recently. I'd guess that with the recent releases in other countries it's becoming overcrowded, and Nintendo hasn't upgraded their servers to take the extra load. A lot of people I know are getting lag and disconnection on the GTS. So I guess we'll just have to wait it out.

от_Ian

Original Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2007
    lag and disconnection? how much resources does it really take?
    Couldn't they just get some proper servers? I mean, from the front end, the GTS doesn't seem as difficult as perhaps rendering a world with hundreds of players on it, trading items, battling, and farming.

Back