• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Uhh, that's weird.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
Years
  • Have you ever got the feeling that only you and maybe one or two of your closest friends are the only ones who has anything to do with pokemon at your school (except for small kids), but then you hear some other people that you thought would never ever care about Pokemon, talk about it.

That has happened to me. One of the guys in my class (i'm in 8th grade) that's always really cool has started to randomly say pokemon names, like "Blastoise" and "Togetic". Whenever I hear it i'm like "lolwhat" 'cause I can't believe he actually cares about Pokemon at all.

Have any of you ever had any experiences like this?

Pechachu

Indifference, I choose you!
    Years
  • At two of my high schools, there were Pokémon clubs. So no, I definitely wasn't the only one who played the games, etc. In fact, most of my friends owned at least one new Pokémon game.

Generally people agree that Pokémon isn't "cool" anymore, but most people my age at least used to be fans, so it's not all that surprising when they bring it up again one day. o:

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    all the time I get people talking about pokemon I never thaught would
    or just reading books.etc
    its just not that surprising or anything with pkmns popularity

patrickcal

Freakin' Pacmon!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2012
    I do. I don't talk to them much, but I'm gonna tell them about EVing

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    That happened to me this year (freshman year). I was hanging out with some new friends and they were talking about battling on Diamond and i was like ZOMG! So I actually have some pokemon friends this year!

Asgard

Why you little...
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 31, 2020
    In one of my history classes in high school, we got almost the whole class to sing the first Pokemon theme song - and a lot of people almost remembered it all :'D That was surprising.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I wish I lived in an area where there were pokemon clubs or people were into it as much as I am. I have a few friends who know I like it and a few of my best friends like it too, but not quite as much as I do which is why I like this place, there are people who like it just as much as I do.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    No, my friends don't like Pokemon. I'm prob the only one who likes it in my school.

Ayselipera

I actually think there is quite a few people who play pokemon at my school because there is an anime club that recently began this year and pokemon is one of the animes featured.

Besides that though every once and a while I'll hear a kid talking about one of the original 150. So I just go along with it and pretend like I don't know know about the 343 others. :D

The Girl Once named Tracie

She who tames Celebi
    Years
  • I'm starting a new school next week, and I'm really excited to see how people react to my backpack (pickachu and pichu, with tons of pokemon keychains) and whatever else I decide to wear that day that has to do with pokemon. I sure hope there will be at least one other fan out there for me!

Not very many like pokemon where I am right now, but when me and my friend talk about it at school people tend to throw things in ('Oh, I used to love pokemon! What's going on in the show right now?'). It's amazing what people will talk about it!

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I use to think that but one day in maths we were having a discussion and one thing led to another and half the class started talking about Pokemon.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I'm starting a new school next week, and I'm really excited to see how people react to my backpack (pickachu and pichu, with tons of pokemon keychains) and whatever else I decide to wear that day that has to do with pokemon. I sure hope there will be at least one other fan out there for me!

Not very many like pokemon where I am right now, but when me and my friend talk about it at school people tend to throw things in ('Oh, I used to love pokemon! What's going on in the show right now?'). It's amazing what people will talk about it!

I am sure there will be more then one, some people may surprise you. Even the people that say they "used" to like pokemon, I bet some of them even still do their just too ashamed to say. I think thats awesome your doing that and I hope it goes well for you! :)

Moskau

Oh, dear...
    Years
  • Sigh...I wish this happened to me! If there ARE people who play Pokémon, they certainly aren't in any of MY classes...but, then again, that's what happens when you're in college, I guess. Hehe.

KATFiSH

Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • I was definitely alone until I moved where I am now... as it turned out, my boyfriend, his twin brother, and the majority of my friends here all play pokémon religiously. xD

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • At two of my high schools, there were Pokémon clubs. So no, I definitely wasn't the only one who played the games, etc. In fact, most of my friends owned at least one new Pokémon game.

Generally people agree that Pokémon isn't "cool" anymore, but most people my age at least used to be fans, so it's not all that surprising when they bring it up again one day. o:
    The scenario is similar here. Although there are no clubs, we all have at least owned a Pokemon game before. Most people agree that Pokemon isn't the "in" thing anymore but it's still considered okay to talk about them or make refrences.

Tears In The Rain

Thirsty, purposeless Vampire
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    No way, that is how I discovered Pokemon in the seventh grade almost ten years ago, from the exact opposite effect actually. I thought my best friend and I were the only ones in the school who weren't into it. Everyone always had their cards and junk and we thought it was the stupidest thing ever created before one moment of curiosity led to a once addiction.

Today I will admit I try not to allow anyone to see as I for the past few days have been bringing Crystal on the bus to and from school, Pokemon certainly is not the huge fad it was ten years ago when I discovered it and certainly no matter past or present isn't something thought of for adults.

Goron

Mountain Dweller
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2009
    Some people in my school have the game, There is a DS club in my school and lots of people there always bring their pokemon diamonds/Pearl. It's a blast playing with people in person.

roacherman

Time Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Im so sad :'( I wish people would make pokemon clubs in my school :'( Wah...all people here are *******s when you mention pokemon. There is no "ZOMG I used to love that game!" There is just "Dude man you sound uber gay talking about pokemonz like that" Then when I mention it among my friends a group of friends (not my friends) sit near us in class and they just stare at us... yeah... here pokemon doesnt get any "I used to play that" it just makes you UberGay... not like I care, but I could do without that. But unfortunately many people care about that, so when they talk they try not to mention pokemon or else people who most likely like the games as well will say that they are gay... long story short, there should be a pokemon club in my school

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back