• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Pokemon Generation Challenge

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 19, 2014
    Hello all! So I created a new challenge, a sub-category out of the nuzzlocke challenge called: the Generation (Family-Tree) Nuzlocke Challenge. Here is the description:

This is... THE. ULTIMATE. POKEMON. CHALLENGE.

This is... The Generation (Family-Tree) Nuzlocke Challenge

6 Generations. 6 families of Pokemon. 6 straight Games. 6 straight Nuzlockes.

This is a challenge I have made up myself. The idea is to get through the first generation (Gen 1: FireRed/LeafGreen) while doing a nuzlocke challenge. Whatever pokemon are in your party after you beat the elite 4 in the Gen1 game have the opportunity to breed and send their eggs (offspring) to the next generation. This is where the challenge continues, in the next generation you must hatch the eggs and only use these pokemon (without letting them faint) to beat the elite 4. Once you beat the elite 4 the process continues - you breed those pokemon and send the eggs to the next generation. This continues all the way until Generation 6 (X and Y). The challenge is only successful if you defeat the Elite 4 in X and Y with the families of the original 6 pokemon you beat the Elite 4 with in Generation 1.

Here are the 5 specific rules:

1. Only the first 6-party team to beat the Elite 4 in generation 1 can breed to send their offspring to the next generation.

2. Female Pokemon offspring must breed the same pokemon. Males can breed with any pokemon in their egg group (to add variation).

3. All offspring must be named after their main parent. (i.e. [pokemon nickname] Jr., 2nd, II, 2, 3rd, III, 3, etc. etc.)

4. All offspring eggs are to be sent to the next generation and hatched in that game, where the challenge continues. (No additional pokemon can be captured after Generation 1) (Some restrictions do not allow for transfer of eggs. In this case just hatch and send the egg pokemon up).

5. Challenge is not complete until at least one of the original families beats the Elite 4 in the last generation (X & Y = 6th gen.)

Nuzlocke Rules:
    1. Can only capture the first Pokemon encountered in each new area.
    2. A Pokemon fainted is considered dead and must be released (or placed in "deathbox").
    3. All Pokemon must be nicknamed.

Do to technical limitations, the generation will go as followed:
    Gen 1 -- Gen 3 -- Gen 2 -- Gen 4 -- Gen 5 -- Gen 6

The reason is because Eggs from Gen 1 (FR/LG) can be sent up to the DS game on Gen 2 (HG/SS), however the Gen 2 eggs can't be sent back down to the gba Gen 3 games (R/S/E).

I have started doing my run-through of the challenge as a co-op with my friend. Although do to schedule conflictions we probably won't be able to complete the co-op and I may do it solo. However I wouldn't be opposed to possibly doing a co-op with someone who has done let's plays before. As far as videos go, my experience is with doing my WWE 2k14 series, but I love pokemon and really want to show people this challenge. I post the first video. Feedback would be great!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLezd-M6WhQ[/ame]

Back